ghoticov

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y
Country flag
Hater in what way? Recovered in what way?
I may have ragged on the Cybertruck for the last 8 months on twitter.

I saw it in person and changed my mind. It’s not a truck, it’s a tank or Utility Vehicle.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Hello...

My name is Marc Benton and I am a recovered Cybertruck Hater.

Please forgive me....

Me with Cybertruck.jpeg
We're all brothers here. Take a token, follow the 12 steps, we got your back...one day at a time. Stay away from other haters.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I may have ragged on the Cybertruck for the last 8 months on twitter.

I saw it in person and changed my mind. It’s not a truck, it’s a tank or Utility Vehicle.
I for one am glad that you crossed the line, but for me the facts were obvious from the moment I saw it (of course, I was looking for this vehicle to happen for years):

1. It’s a Tesla and they are great (Everyone I know that owns one loves it)
2. It is 3mm stainless! (I live on the coast - no more rust)
3. It has a 500+ mile range (they had me a 400)
4. Oodles of storage and towing capacity

The list is probably a bit different for all of us, and as noted by many the list is long. I would be happier if the CT didn’t look like a tank but that is really a blip on my screen. Can a reformed hater speed up production?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I still can't believe Tesla is going to put this vehicle into mass production. It's such a radical, futuristic design using thick stainless steel as the exterior.

Its almost like Tesla said screw planned obsolescence when they designed it. This vehicle should last a minimum of 25-years in even the nastiest, saltiest winter roads in the rust belt.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Hello...

Marc,

Apprecate your open-mindedness and ability to share with others that you’ve changed your mInd.

Please keep that unbiased, open-minded perspective. Although I am not a Tesla owner (yet), I am a fan. As I research Tesla vehicles and other EV’s I try to stay unbiased. There are many fans that believe Tesla And Musk can do no wrong. That is an easy rut to fall into.. It’s ok to be a fan and still be critical.

The fact that seeing it in person changed your view gives me a very warm feeling about the CT.. I liked the vehicle from the beginning and I’ve never seen it in person. Part of me was afraid I will be disappontied when I Finally do.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I know a couple of early hardcore nay-sayers who now have order numbers. I think changing your mind on the Tesla/EV/CT is more common that we might believe. I didn't have an interest in a Tesla vehicle until the CT was introduced.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Welcome Marc! There is no shame in that.

Fortunately, it only took me 5 minutes to like the CT during the reveal. I waited and reserved in early January.

My wife is still not convinced. Part of that is her perception of electric cars as slow and boring (she quoted the Prius). I took her along on my first test drive in an electric car recently.. A 2020 Tesla Model S Dual Motor. I demonstrated the acceleration ludicrous-style. After she peeled herself off the seat back, and the fear/excitement in her face subsided, I knew that perception was changed. ?

She'll eventually come around. Seeing in person would help her.

D8Rider

First Name
D8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3, CBTRK Reservation
Country flag
Hello...

Please forgive me....

Me with Cybertruck.jpeg
Hi!
Of course you are forgiven!
Most important is what you felt once you finally encounter the beast!
Was it intense?! :)

I am a bit jealous now: I wish we could see some CBTRK exposed in Europe too - even replicas 1:1 size would do.

D8
Sponsored

Last edited: