Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster City
Occupation
US Army
Country flag
I've done the whole Van Life thing with a ford Ford Transit. It was fun and I'm thinking about getting back into the life. The one thing I did not like about the life style was a lack of climate control. But, with the Cybertruck, the problem with climate control goes away. I could run the HVAC all day and not worry. I think my next and last house will be the Cybertruck.
Sponsored

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
How would you manage with the steep angle of the vault ? How would you configure the sleeping arrangements ? I have your very same idea and I'm trying to figure it out. Let me know if you do. Tnx. Regards.

OP
OP

cybertruckjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster City
Occupation
US Army
Country flag
How would you manage with the steep angle of the vault ? How would you configure the sleeping arrangements ? I have your very same idea and I'm trying to figure it out. Let me know if you do. Tnx. Regards.
My original thought was to turn the vault into a living area. But, its to small. Then I realized there is plenty of room in the front. My thoughts are as follows.

1. The bed of the truck is exactly that, a bed. For sleeping only. A short queen mattress is 60x75 inches roughly the size of the bed. The sleeping quarters can be accessed via the tonneau cover and hopefully via the mid gate.

2. Front middle seat will be removed and replaced with a Dometic fridge/freezer and double as a table.

3. Driver and passenger seats will be modified to swivel.

4. There will be multiple storage options. Side sails, frunk, and hidden compartment in the bed. Possible additional storage could be add an aftermarket rack above the vault.

This arrangement will be the ultimate test of minimalism, but I can already fit everything I own in a large pelican case.

Edit: The vault should be about 24 inches tall at its lowest point and 48 inches at its tallest point when the vault is closed. With an 8 in mattress that leaves 16 inches for your feet and 40 inches to sit up. I have slept in tents with less space.

Last edited:
OP
OP

cybertruckjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster City
Occupation
US Army
Country flag
The major Van Life pros are...

1. I think it will have around a 100 KWH battery on the single motor variant. Giving the capability to run the HVAC for days on a single charge. Even if I have to super charge everyday, that's not bad.

2. Self leveling air suspension. There is nothing worse than trying to sleep on unlevel terrain.

3. No rust... I say again NO RUST!

4. Ties into 1, but humidity is no longer a problem. No longer have to worry about moister getting into places. The HVAC should solve this common Van Life problem.

morgantown

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Lacrosse, Chevy Silverado
Occupation
HR
Country flag
The major Van Life pros are...

1. I think it will have around a 100 KWH battery on the single motor variant. Giving the capability to run the HVAC for days on a single charge. Even if I have to super charge everyday, that's not bad.

2. Self leveling air suspension. There is nothing worse than trying to sleep on unlevel terrain.

3. No rust... I say again NO RUST!

4. Ties into 1, but humidity is no longer a problem. No longer have to worry about moister getting into places. The HVAC should solve this common Van Life problem.
Have had same thoughts as this thread many times. Cross country trip, need to eliminate expenses, etc.,, such a versatile design. Keep up the good ideas!

OP
OP

cybertruckjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster City
Occupation
US Army
Country flag
I can not stress how much of a luxury having HVAC is in Van Life.

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
My original thought was to turn the vault into a living area. But, its to small. Then I realized there is plenty of room in the front. My thoughts are as follows.

1. The bed of the truck is exactly that, a bed. For sleeping only. A short queen mattress is 60x75 inches roughly the size of the bed. The sleeping quarters can be accessed via the tonneau cover and hopefully via the mid gate.

2. Front middle seat will be removed and replaced with a Dometic fridge/freezer and double as a table.

3. Driver and passenger seats will be modified to swivel.

4. There will be multiple storage options. Side sails, frunk, and hidden compartment in the bed. Possible additional storage could be add an aftermarket rack above the vault.

This arrangement will be the ultimate test of minimalism, but I can already fit everything I own in a large pelican case.

Edit: The vault should be about 24 inches tall at its lowest point and 48 inches at its tallest point when the vault is closed. With an 8 in mattress that leaves 16 inches for your feet and 40 inches to sit up. I have slept in tents with less space.
These are beautiful info Joe, but the more I look at the bed of the CT the more l am convinced that it does NOT have access to the inner cabin area. The volt closes with a segmented door on rails, which recess onto the divider between volt and cabin. How can that allow access? Hopefully there's something l overlooked.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
These are beautiful info Joe, but the more I look at the bed of the CT the more l am convinced that it does NOT have access to the inner cabin area. The volt closes with a segmented door on rails, which recess onto the divider between volt and cabin. How can that allow access? Hopefully there's something l overlooked.
The vault cover retracts completely, atleast that is what I have read.

It will need to do so if Tesla does do the passthru, even if it is small and not a full passthru.

See this video from Cybertruck Truck Guy.
Sponsored