Danielims

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache- GT
Country flag
I need a new 2 burner cmping stove. I had a Partner Stove that I regretfully sold and am hoping not to lay out that much coin again but will if I have to. I have been reading online reviews of Coleman, Camp Chef, etc and they are all over the place.
Is anybody in love with their camp stove? If so, what are you cooking with?
Thanks
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I don't have any personal favorite. I often go backpacking, so I just have a little camp fire stove setup I bought many years ago.

But with the Cybertruck, for more traditional one campsite camping, you have an easy option for electric cooking. I will probably take an induction cooktop with me for certain occasions.

And under the bed I can just fill that up with ice to keep drinks and meat cold. Saves me from needing an entire cooler. I don't know how insulated that storage area will be but I imagine i'll get 1-2 days before it all melts.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I need a new 2 burner cmping stove. I had a Partner Stove that I regretfully sold and am hoping not to lay out that much coin again but will if I have to. I have been reading online reviews of Coleman, Camp Chef, etc and they are all over the place.
Thanks
That's probably about as loaded question as which car do you want.

It truly depends on your camping and needs.

The ubiquitous Colemand camper has cooked many meals and will cook many more. The white fuel is readily available and it's an awesome solution.

There are the propane stoves out there today that are much easier to start and operate than the Colemand. There's no need to keep pumping the tank on a propane stove. But while propane is readily available, carrying the containers and disposing of them can be more problematic.

If you are serious about cooking and have room to carry, some of the standalone grills on legs can whip up a meal for a troop of scouts easily.

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks
We tow a polydrop teardrop trailer originally using a Coleman two burner propane. We switched to a two burner induction stove top, much easier and with an electric truck will be adding more appliances. Krueger, air fryer etc

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Propane stove do not work well in cold temperatures.
You just need to not exceed the thermal transfer of the tank and freeze the regulator like I do with my generator. You can do this by sizing up the tank, sizing down the burners, or heating the tank in some way.

It's going to keep boiling off into usable fuel as long as it's above -40F.

-Crissa

Davidhzy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
I have been using one of the Dweller camping pellet stove for several years. Compared to established brands like Traeger or Camp Chef, Keebon models often come at a significantly lower price point.
Sponsored

Last edited: