How will the CT Robotaxis charge themselves?

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Now its pretty obvious that Elon plans on the CT to be the backbone of his global Robotaxi network. They are cheap to reserve, very rugged, and will have the latest battery and FSD software. The question is... How will they all get charged?
Sponsored

altron2000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Now its pretty obvious that Elon plans on the CT to be the backbone of his global Robotaxi network. They are cheap to reserve, very rugged, and will have the latest battery and FSD software. The question is... How will they all get charged?
I would imagine they will add the charging snake to existing superchargers. I bet they already have a mounting plate on there somewhere. By the way how are you planning on financing your fleet? Small business loan?

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
Will be like my I robot roomba.
It will back up into a special charging bay and self charge.
Just my crazy idea ?

OP
OP
timjwright2.0

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
I would imagine they will add the charging snake to existing superchargers. I bet they already have a mounting plate on there somewhere. By the way how are you planning on financing your fleet? Small business loan?
Right. I can get 80% of my home value and maybe some from a few co-signed car loans. I heard a Shark say once that "a loan was the stupidest thing you could do as an entrepreneur! The only thing you will know for sure is how much and when its due! You should be more creative" Any ideas?

OP
OP
timjwright2.0

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Will be like my I robot roomba.
It will back up into a special charging bay and self charge.
Just my crazy idea ?
Sounds good to me. A while back I heard hat all Teslas have a battery pack that can drop down and be replaced robotically with a charged one. Maybe that is the future for a premium service.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Can't they just hire a teenager for minimum wage to plug/unplug robotaxis. With Ai they may even be able to interact with the teenager and give him/her dating advice,

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Well, we can only hope that Rebecca Hough Tinucci might be a step in the charging direction. That would fix some of the charging issues.

The co-founder and CEO of Evatran Group Inc., the Richmond-based maker of wireless charging stations for electric vehicles, left the company in 2018.

Rebecca Hough Tinucci is now working for tech industry tycoon Elon Musk’s electric car maker Tesla Inc., according to her LinkedIn profile.

The University of Virginia graduate describes her new position this way: “First non-engineering hire recruited to build an internal team tasked with developing machine vision products for advanced manufacturing. Job responsibilities include AI (artificial intelligence) product and program management, as well as, team coordination.”

OP
OP
timjwright2.0

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
The wit and breadth of everyone's commits is profound. Thank you!

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
How will the CT Robotaxis charge themselves?

Maybe they will have one of these guys at each charging center standing by to plug the Robotaxis in and unplug them when they are charged.

They could also do double duty as security for the site if it were in a sketchy part of town or a remote rural area.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Can't they just hire a teenager for minimum wage to plug/unplug robotaxis. With Ai they may even be able to interact with the teenager and give him/her dating advice,
What??????
That generation WORK???
You are asking a lot!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Robotaxis (or even just regular taxis) are a good use for those wireless chargers. The chargers can be in a que, and no one needs to go outside, or even pause for more than a moment, for them to start charging.

Taxis usually spend alot of time at stands, waiting, loading, and not having to plug and unplug is saved time when time is money.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I could also see the robot snake on a trolley above the taxi que, so that it could follow the vehicle as it inches forward until it is at the front, then when the car detects weight in a 'passenger' spot, it can send a signal to the charger to detach and the taxi driver (or autonomous system) can drive away.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I could also see the robot snake on a trolley above...
That's alot of moving parts. And where people will be annoyed by them visually and block the permits. :/

That would be pretty cool at say, an airport, where you have alot of dedicated room.

-Crissa

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Maybe they will have one of these guys at each charging center standing by to plug the Robotaxis in and unplug them when they are charged.

They could also do double duty as security for the site if it were in a sketchy part of town or a remote rural area.
I would be concerned about robot tippers in the midwest.
Sponsored