How many additional solar panels to charge the Cybertruck?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Not sure where you live but there are places around san diego that get as much as 1700 sun hours a year with good roof orientation

And there are definitely direct solar charging solutions on the market. The solar edge energy hub system offers pv only smart charging (even in a grid down scenario) and if he beats the deadline, SDGE offers 1-1 net metering under NEM 2.0 so at least the credits would be solar based for overnight charging.
I live on the coast in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have friends that live inland where it is much sunnier. They have 2 power walls and cannot run their house off solar entirely. That is, every night they use up all of their power wall stored energy. The OP must bear in mind that there is really no where where. in the winter, any solar array will produce much energy. For us that is about half of the year. In San Diego it might be fewer low-sun days, but one needs to go into this with more than a calculator. I have yet to meet someone in the bay area that can run their house and charge their BEVs with solar and power walls.