Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My question is what % of Tesla employees become stockholders? If the percentage is high then Tesla vehicle ownership becomes a mutual benefit of working for Tesla. That means more than the 20% sales discount offered to MB employees.
Do Tesla employees get a 20% discount?

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
I don't think so. Part of that production hell was trying to fit M3 production into an already built factory and being the first high production rate they tried. They seem to be doing well with the MY now and that will only improve with the next couple of factories.
Both, M3 and MY are conventional body designs and manufacturing assembly, Cybertruck on the other hand is a completely new beast, primarily from body manufacturing standpoint. There is no one in the world who has experience manufacturing a car exoskeleton, no quality control procedures for this type of body. On top of that: ALON windshield/windows, probably new wiring system, new battery, the amount of innovation inside the CT is unknown but Elon himself put a very high bar for the whole package, as he says it should "kick ass". Don't get me wrong, I am a TSLA investor with x5 CT reservations but the gap between the design of the CT and current manufacturing processes is immense, way beyond M3/MY

Edit: One thing that I completely forgot to mention is procurement and supply logistics, MY allegedly has 75% of common parts with M3. CT, on the other hand, will have almost all newly designed parts and I still want to hear where and how they will source all that Stainless Steel that wasn't used before in the automotive world

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
but the gap between the design of the CT and current manufacturing processes is immense, way beyond M3/MY
I think you're overestimating the difference.

This is just unibody construction - which they've been doing the whole time. MY has fewer components than M3 at launch, and they've been doing that with each iteration.

Fundamentally, there is a ton of 'new' things in the Cybertruck. But the method to manufacture is more like a car than a truck.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think you're overestimating the difference.

This is just unibody construction - which they've been doing the whole time. MY has fewer components than M3 at launch, and they've been doing that with each iteration.

Fundamentally, there is a ton of 'new' things in the Cybertruck. But the method to manufacture is more like a car than a truck.

-Crissa
To add to what Crissa said, Elon has stated that dealing with the stainless steel will be easier and faster than the current body production.

Also, no paint issues.

So, I think it will be not as fast as the Model Y, but much faster than the Model 3.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Just imagine how much faster Y and 3 production would be if they didnt have to paint them.. That alone should be enough to tell you CT is gonna be faster. unfortunately i can already see people getting all picky about the finish of the stainless :rolleyes:

DARKFURY1

First Name
Chauncy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
So my question is, how many Tesla employees will get theirs 1st? And then the next question would be who would be the 1st "customer "?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
So my question is, how many Tesla employees will get theirs 1st? And then the next question would be who would be the 1st "customer "?
The first customer, as Elon has put it in the past, is the first board member to plunk down the cash first. I think he said he had the first S and 3 but not the first X.

Any employee who is on the reservation list will skip everyone else. even if they are #650,000 and you are #35. (unless you are an employee)

We do not have any idea how many employees will order a CT. Possibly in the thousands.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's more likely in the hundreds... One fifth of all households have trucks, and the average term a truck is owned is over eight years. So less than one fortieth of a population would be looking for a truck any particular year.

-Crissa

Household vehicle ownership:
https://www.bts.dot.gov/archive/pub...1_national_household_travel_survey/section_01
Length of ownership:
https://www.iseecars.com/how-long-people-keep-cars-study
How many households in the us:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/183635/number-of-households-in-the-us/

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
It's more likely in the hundreds... One fifth of all households have trucks, and the average term a truck is owned is over eight years. So less than one fortieth of a population would be looking for a truck any particular year.

-Crissa
Sure, in a typical year....but this is a CYBER world now! No rules apply, as they are being rewritten...

DARKFURY1

First Name
Chauncy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
The first customer, as Elon has put it in the past, is the first board member to plunk down the cash first. I think he said he had the first S and 3 but not the first X.

Any employee who is on the reservation list will skip everyone else. even if they are #650,000 and you are #35. (unless you are an employee)

We do not have any idea how many employees will order a CT. Possibly in the thousands.
That is what i was thinking. We can have up to 5000 or more, and then non employees. (I need to fill out an application)

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved