What if your place in line cost $1000.00?

cyberforce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
$10,000? Would you still reserve it? Do you think the reservation numbers would be as high? Waiting several more years for a truck simply due to manufacturing is a hard pill to swallow. oh btw... first post! Hello all!
Sponsored

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
$10,000? Would you still reserve it? Do you think the reservation numbers would be as high? Waiting several more years for a truck simply due to manufacturing is a hard pill to swallow. oh btw... first post! Hello all!
Welcome!

Me? I'd pay half if everyone doing so would reduce the waitlist. I'd pay full if that would advance my order. I'd pay over full price if that would move me to the top. I'd even (oops, never mind, might be kids reading this).

Last edited:

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
Welcome!

I'd pay half if everyone doing so would reduce the waitlist. I'd pay full if that would advance my order. I'd pay over full price if that would move me to the top. I'd (oops, never mind, might be kids reading this).
I would also

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I probably wouldn't get the truck if i had to keep $1000 or more locked away for a couple years. I'm a college student, so cash is tight basically all the time. At the cheap reservation price, it gives me a spot in line to work towards.
But if I lose my spot, or have to pay more to reserve it, I'd just say fck it...I'll get the sprinter camper, Iv been looking at for years.

The CT is cool and obviously I'm excited for it but it's not really that unique. It's an electric truck

cyberda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cyber (Ordered)
Country flag
I may have made a reservation @ $1,000 back in January? .... today very unlikely.

Production quality and durability of the CT vehicle is very much TBD, especially with the myriad of issues popping up with M3. Everytime I read one of those it brings back nightmares of Plymouth & Pontiac dealerships I dealt with before switching to Japanese mfgs. Not going throught that agin, but not giving up either!! They have a couple years to get it sorted.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. I'd write a check tomorrow. I've got a family reunion coming up in Texas next year. I plan to show up in my new CYBRTRK. Yee ha....

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
$1000 to get my Cybertruck? 100% would do it. Even if that didn't come off the total cost of the truck. If it just cost $1000 to preorder it, I still would do it. We would probably have less than half the current preorders, so I could get much sooner. Also once the Cybertruck is released and more people see how nice it is and what it can do. I expect even more orders before we finish delivering the first half of the current preorders.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
I’d definitely put down more.

CyberKor

First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Trainer
Country flag
For sure would. I’d even drop 5k! Hoping for more info on CT hopefully sooner than later.
Sponsored