Holy Sheet!!! Cybertruck ‘Golden Ticket’ just arrived in my inbox😁

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Yahooooooo!!!

At 3:35pm on March 5th I received the ‘Golden Ticket’ e-mail from Tesla to order a Foundation Series Cybertruck. I literally had to read the e-mail 3x to make sure I wasn’t seeing things.

Now that I have settled down comes the hard part.

I made the decision early on that I was going to pass and wait for a non-FS AWD Cybertruck like many of my other financially savvy members. $79,990 and a possible $7500 tax credit will be easier for me to swallow when purchasing a depreciating asset like a vehicle.

This decision is definitely a true test of my will power. I have waited nearly 4 years and 4 months for my ‘apocalypse ready’ Cybertruck.

I will become a member of the Skipper Club. The wait continues…

Tesla Cybertruck Holy Sheet!!! Cybertruck ‘Golden Ticket’ just arrived in my inbox😁 7D96A3BB-0B5C-42E8-951B-702A9566DAA7
Sponsored

Last edited:

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
Don't get too excited it's a cash grab. You are still over a year out from actually obtaining it.

BuzzBasswood

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X Plaid, 2020 Model Y Performance
Country flag
Don't get too excited it's a cash grab. You are still over a year out from actually obtaining it.
Yes and no. It’s more a bet on whether you qualify for tax credit, did you want FSD, home back and will Elon honor 7k FSD. I was going fully loaded from day 1 and don’t qualify for tax credit. So I am not waiting any longer to see if old FSD price is honored. Life is short, give me my dream car!

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
You should order it unless you want to wait 1 to 2 more years to get non FS version at a lower price. Buy $50K of TSLA stock at the same time it will skyrocket over the next 12 months and the CT will be free...
My 2018 Tesla stock profits will more than pay for the truck. It turns out that I purchased Tesla stock when they were on the brink of bankruptcy. I’m just a frugal individual who was also blessed with patience.

I would love to know the percentage of reservation holders who are passing on the FS trim.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag

Tito

First Name
Tito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3P, Cybertruck
Occupation
Builder
Country flag
I was told Jan-March. I’m hoping 2024 at this point 🤣.

I think you'll get it soon! Don't lose hope. I legit had purchased another vehicle because I thought same! Then I got vin and called and they said oh yeah come by next week lol!

My order was placed Dec 19th and I had a Vin Feb 20some!

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I think you'll get it soon! Don't lose hope. I legit had purchased another vehicle because I thought same! Then I got vin and called and they said oh yeah come by next week lol!

My order was placed Dec 19th and I had a Vin Feb 20some!
I hope you’re right. I got my VIN Feb. 15th and was told today my truck is still in Texas and no one knows why. I’m not sure how long it takes to make that 1600 mile journey but I’m pretty sure it’d have to leave there pretty soon to travel and be prepped before the end of the month.

Last edited: