Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
yea the UFO noise, it makes one in forward at low speeds too i believe.
I know, the noise is annoying! I like having it around my area bc kids are running out of nowhere constantly. I don't think my Model Y makes one going forward though, just reverse. I actually had to pay for the retrofitting bc my 2020 didn't come with the speaker, just the speaker holes in the panel.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I know, the noise is annoying! I like having it around my area bc kids are running out of nowhere constantly. I don't think my Model Y makes one going forward though, just reverse. I actually had to pay for the retrofitting bc my 2020 didn't come with the speaker, just the speaker holes in the panel.
who made you pay to install it ?

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
who made you pay to install it ?
I was unaware it didn't have it, and I was really excited about using boombox when we had remote test sites (which worked well), but- it was also helpful with those aforementioned children.

All that said, it wasn't really worth the $200.

*update* sorry, misread... Tesla did. They sent a service truck to my place, removed one wheel, did it from my driveway.

mikedubyaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models Plaid, CyberTruck Foundation Series
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
i'm still trying to figure out why it is so quiet. i barely hear my lock sound. the boombox noises, like the fart or music you hear more from the sound coming through the glass inside the truck. My S works great, so not sure the difference. i checked to make sure there was no residual foam and and it looks clear. between the software not recognizing the usb noises i added and the quietness, its pretty useless.

OP
OP

ATXHOCKEYGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
i'm still trying to figure out why it is so quiet. i barely hear my lock sound. the boombox noises, like the fart or music you hear more from the sound coming through the glass inside the truck. My S works great, so not sure the difference. i checked to make sure there was no residual foam and and it looks clear. between the software not recognizing the usb noises i added and the quietness, its pretty useless.
That is my experience as well. I think I'm just going to send something out to service to get an answer. i have a feeling its a software issue that they will fix at some point via update.

smoknyreyz

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Insurance Claims
Country flag
That is my experience as well. I think I'm just going to send something out to service to get an answer. i have a feeling its a software issue that they will fix at some point via update.
Came here looking for an answer to this. Our Model 3 is plenty loud on megaphone, etc. can barely hear it on the truck. Any updates from service? I was thinking it may be software related as well, and have received a few updates so far and no change in volume.

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series 2022 Model X
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Yeah I get paranoid now when my son rides his bike in our subdivision because once upon a time you could hear a car idling before it backed out of the driveway, but with EV's not necessarily. I have tried to teach him to look for lit up brake lights instead but five year olds are only so aware of their surroundings. Having the reverse sound at least helps him know when a car is backing up so that he can stop his bike before reaching the driveway. Some folks just don't even look before they back up

OP
OP

ATXHOCKEYGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Came here looking for an answer to this. Our Model 3 is plenty loud on megaphone, etc. can barely hear it on the truck. Any updates from service? I was thinking it may be software related as well, and have received a few updates so far and no change in volume.
I asked the service guy when I took my truck in last month for a few cosmetic issues to fix. No change when I got it back and no mention in any of the documentation.

RonGonRetired

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2016 Chevy 3500HD High Country
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't get sound to play through the external speaker. I tried replacing the car lock sound with different sounds and nothing works.

Any tips or something I may be missing?
While cleaning fingerprints off the exterior, I've used the apple play to play thru the boombox. not the best sound, and I had to leave a door partially open, then you can crank up the sound pretty loud. My normal walk away lock sound is the jail door closing it is loud enough to hear 30 feet away.

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I also do not hear any lock sound.

The manual says there should be a setting but I don't see it.

When the vehicle locks, the exterior lights flash once. To also sound a confirmation chime when Cybertruck locks, touch Controls > Locks > Lock Confirmation Sound.

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

When the vehicle locks, the exterior lights flash once. To also sound a confirmation chime when Cybertruck locks, touch Controls > Locks > Lock Confirmation Sound.
I believe that I just saw it coming in the next release.

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag

yeah it's in the manual but not actually on the screen. looks like they are adding it.

My outside speaker is also way too quiet. Hopefully a future update can raise the volume some.

Killlbox

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Subaru Forrester Sport
Occupation
Biotech
Country flag
Im looking forward to driving my pickup not hearing it fart!
I cannot wait to have the truck fart at brodozers. It'll be the highlight of my day!

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
I'd hate to be on the other end of a lawsuit after removing the mandatory government warning sound speaker. All it takes is one person looking down on their phone while walking in front of an illegally silent EV. The person that hits them to likely be in prison a very long time.
Sponsored