Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I signed up and put up my $100 on Day 2, so I guess I'll get my CT in late summer or fall of 2021. I own a Model 3, and have driven pickups all my life and really wanted the CT. However, my wife is concerned about the size of the CT and would rather I not get it. Cool, I've got my eye on a replica '34 Ford, 3-window, chopped top coupe with a big V8. My wife says okay to the '34. I live in Maryland. Would anyone in the MId-Atlantic States want to pay a small premium if I bought the thing and re-sold it here in Maryland? I signed up for the dual-motor without the FSD. I can't afford two toys. sigh...(But how cool would it be to tow the '34 around with the CYBRTRK? )
Sponsored

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I signed up and put up my $100 on Day 2, so I guess I'll get my CT in late summer or fall of 2021. I own a Model 3, and have driven pickups all my life and really wanted the CT. However, my wife is concerned about the size of the CT and would rather I not get it. Cool, I've got my eye on a replica '34 Ford, 3-window, chopped top coupe with a big V8. My wife says okay to the '34. I live in Maryland. Would anyone in the MId-Atlantic States want to pay a small premium if I bought the thing and re-sold it here in Maryland? I signed up for the dual-motor without the FSD. I can't afford two toys. sigh...(But how cool would it be to tow the '34 around with the CYBRTRK? )

Just ask for your deposit back

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
1. Grow a pair and keep it. (It's too big, she said. I thought you liked it big, he said.)
2. Buy in hopes of selling for a small profit.
3. Ask for the refundable $100 back.
4. Get a new wife.

So many options...
5. Buy the CT and the '34 then give the wife a choice as to which one she wants for herself.

I won't buy your truck, but I will buy your reservation.
For a second there I thought you were asking to buy his wife.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Make it summer or fall of 2022
I'm soooooo tempted to set up a betting pool to take bets on specific vehicle orders and estimated dates of delivery. Might have to make that delivery date based on the notification from Tesla that your vehicle is ready. Otherwise, people could manipulate the dates they schedule the pickup meeting to get better betting results.

Based on the wisdom of crowds, the odds would probably end up being a much better estimate of delivery date than the current spreadsheet.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
I'm soooooo tempted to set up a betting pool to take bets on specific vehicle orders and estimated dates of delivery. Might have to make that delivery date based on the notification from Tesla that your vehicle is ready. Otherwise, people could manipulate the dates they schedule the pickup meeting to get better betting results.

Based on the wisdom of crowds, the odds would probably end up being a much better estimate of delivery date than the current spreadsheet.
There's Augur.net for your convenience

BobDavis73

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Rogue, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
GM of Modern Die Systems (tool and die company)
Country flag
Hey Sputter, order another Cyber Truck (this time don't forget the fsd) then cancel the first one for the wife. That way you do just what she asked plus you make a ton of money pimping out your Cyber Truck on the robots I network. Win Win

;0)

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
Elon stated that Tesla was going to make a few changes to CyberTruck, we will have to wait and see what exactly is going to be changed so if your wife based it on the original reveal Cybertruck it may change, no one knows for sure. I think Tesla will shorten the overall length by about 6 inches, just my guess I actually like Cybertruck the way was first shown. The crowd has spoken and Elon does listen.

OP
OP
Sputter

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Elon stated that Tesla was going to make a few changes to CyberTruck, we will have to wait and see what exactly is going to be changed so if your wife based it on the original reveal Cybertruck it may change, no one knows for sure. I think Tesla will shorten the overall length by about 6 inches, just my guess I actually like Cybertruck the way was first shown. The crowd has spoken and Elon does listen.
Yeah, concur. If it were shortened and decreased in width a tad, my wife would say, "Okay, let's do this thing." So yeah, just wait and see.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
“I signed up and put up my $100 on Day 2, so I guess I'll get my CT in late summer or fall of 2021”

I think your looking at sometime in 2022 for delivery.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X, 2011 Tesla Roadster, 1969 280SL
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I won't buy your truck, but I will buy your reservation.
My understanding from Tesla in 2018 was that since I owned a Model S I could get priority delivered over a new Tesla buyer allowing FAMILY ONLY to order a Model 3 through me! Not sure how all that shakes out if a married daughter doesn’t share my name!?
Sponsored