First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
Roof rack mounting points
Tesla Cybertruck Roof rack mounting points Cybertruck-Roof_rack_attachment_points

It will be interesting to see what kind of roof racks and other equipment that will be available to these mounting points.
Looks like it will give a lot of possibilities (y):D
Sponsored

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Foldable Ladders, and most other equipment can go in the vault neatly. Maybe the camper shell and accessories hook on there?

dvorpa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Since a roof rack is available on a Model 3.... I would hope a roof rack is available for the CT. Almost a necessity to carry ladders and other long items. I noticed the model 3 rack rating is only 150 lbs. Since the CT is more utilitarian... I hope the rating for the rack would be a bit higher??

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
I don't do renders. Photo's of S and 3. We had 135 Tesla's meet and the Asheville SC. One guy had a canoe on his S. 2:00 pm we all got on the Blue Ridge Parkway. ' Click watch for video

watch

Tesla Cybertruck Roof rack mounting points Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 1.12.49 PM

Tesla Cybertruck Roof rack mounting points Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 1.14.14 PM

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Roof rack mounting points
Cybertruck-Roof_rack_attachment_points.jpg

It will be interesting to see what kind of roof racks and other equipment that will be available to these mounting points.
Looks like it will give a lot of possibilities (y):D
This seems such a simple thing for Tesla to implement...but first: for years I was a general contractor. The most important addition to my pickups was the addition of roof racks. As a contractor, my guys were always hauling lumber or pipes on the rack. I concur with this post: very near the apex of the structural triangle which corresponds approximately with the vertical post between the doors (and would thus form a vertical support member), Tesla should implant a stainless steel, fixed threaded, female receptacle. Put some sort of cap over it for those who don't need a rack to keep the rain out. At the rear....and I know those wide side panels are void and therefore have space to implant another stainless, threaded, female receptacle in the deck, level with the bottom of the vault. Put a cap on top. THEN...Tesla could sell a factory-made, matching vertical male tube to be threaded into the female receptacle. And of course, horizontal connecting members. Jeeeeeeeze....would this be so difficult? It instantly makes the CYBRTRK so much more useful to campers, kayakers, contractors, house painters, etc. And...it would be Tesla-engineered; built to fit perfectly.
Sponsored