liftsrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X 75D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Will snow plows mount to Cybertruck? Lots of pickup truck owners do snow plowing here in Ohio.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
That is a regularly requested but very much still up for debate issue. There is a fellow snow plowing comrade on here in Todd The CyberTruck Truck Guy. He also has a YouTube channel where he discusses this and other issues.

Here is his channel.

Last edited:

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
It is not only snow plowing, which I need to have a plow on my CT, but it also ladder racks, inside storage for tools and parts for people who do plumbing, electrical, roofing ETC. I would have thought by now Tesla would have designs out for an enclosure with rear opening doors and adjustable shelves. I don't want to wait a year or two for things I want to do with my CT. I need to know in advance how I am going to plow with it. If I were a plumber I would want to know how I am going to put all my tools and parts in my CT before I "configure" it. It has to be able to give professional people an organized option for the trade that they do. I wish Tesla would show us something so I don't have to scramble to figure out how I can utilize my CT when I get it. I also don't want to have to take it somewhere and have it "fitted up" for the plow to be mounted. I want to be able to take it in and have the plow mounted.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I wish Tesla would show us something so I don't have to scramble to figure out how I can utilize my CT when I get it. I also don't want to have to take it somewhere and have it "fitted up" for the plow to be mounted. I want to be able to take it in and have the plow mounted.

I don’t want to speak for anyone else but here goes:

There are a lot of people here who are in your camp on this point. I’m holding it together for now but am also waiting for some information about how the CT could be configured. How to attach accessory hardware. What mount points there will be and to what specifications. What / where connections (power, air, water, etc) there will be. What attachment points there will be in the bed ( are there really t slots?).

Basically you are in a mob of company here with this question.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
It is not only snow plowing, which I need to have a plow on my CT, but it also ladder racks, inside storage for tools and parts for people who do plumbing, electrical, roofing ETC. I would have thought by now Tesla would have designs out for an enclosure with rear opening doors and adjustable shelves. I don't want to wait a year or two for things I want to do with my CT. I need to know in advance how I am going to plow with it. If I were a plumber I would want to know how I am going to put all my tools and parts in my CT before I "configure" it. It has to be able to give professional people an organized option for the trade that they do. I wish Tesla would show us something so I don't have to scramble to figure out how I can utilize my CT when I get it. I also don't want to have to take it somewhere and have it "fitted up" for the plow to be mounted. I want to be able to take it in and have the plow mounted.
TBH I don't see why my existing bed racks and organizer (which I hate, but that's a different story) wouldn't just fit. Its not like they are frame welded or anything. The box is just a tension fit. And, if the bed is stainless, I'll weld on my own mount points if I need them.

Now if you mean a cab, the tonneau/vault/whatever is definitely an unknown. That said, since I moved from a cab to just a utility trailer I've been happier. IDK about building trades, but I find it easier and faster to just attach/detach a trailer that's already set (and its easier to leave where I need it later, if I'm doing field work for multiple days).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We can't configure it yet, so it makes sense we don't know anything about how things attach to it yet.

Remember, this is a novel truck, so all those things haven't been made yet, all these solutions will have to come up at some point as they announce the truck's final details.

You can always delay your configuration when Tesla calls your number. They don't expect everyone to be ready right away.

-Crissa

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
We can't configure it yet, so it makes sense we don't know anything about how things attach to it yet.

Remember, this is a novel truck, so all those things haven't been made yet, all these solutions will have to come up at some point as they announce the truck's final details.

You can always delay your configuration when Tesla calls your number. They don't expect everyone to be ready right away.

-Crissa
How long can you delay your configuration when you're up to place your order? I realize things could be different for cybertruck, but do you know how long you could delay for the other cars when they launched?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How long can you delay your configuration when you're up to place your order? I realize things could be different for cybertruck, but do you know how long you could delay for the other cars when they launched?
With the S, they let people delay a long time, years even. With 3, I think it was ninety day at the end. Right now it bounces around for a month or so depending upon vehicle availability. But with the 3 they sent out letters to people more than a year in advance to tease them

So... Honestly, I don't know. They really want to sell you one, not give you your $100 back.

-Crissa
Sponsored