Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 M3LR White on White, CyberTruck Reservation
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if anyone has counted the number of Geo-Piers or footings? I mean just WOW. The scale of this undertaking is fantastic. As I watched the beginning of the process months ago, I could tell it was huge, but I was not FULLY aware of the enormous size of this building. But now with the building actually taking shape, it is incredible to see.

Thanks to Randy for these videos!

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Thursday afternoon footage is now posted:

Your videos are so impressive and regular that we can mostly spot your car from up above as you approach the northwest area. LOL. Great job. Keep going. Can't wait for the weekend update.

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Your videos are so impressive and regular that we can mostly spot your car from up above as you approach the northwest area. LOL. Great job. Keep going. Can't wait for the weekend update.
Thanks Bond! I've had no shortage of practice, that's for sure!

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if anyone has counted the number of Geo-Piers or footings? I mean just WOW. The scale of this undertaking is fantastic. As I watched the beginning of the process months ago, I could tell it was huge, but I was not FULLY aware of the enormous size of this building. But now with the building actually taking shape, it is incredible to see.

Thanks to Randy for these videos!
I haven't counted every single one but have done so just for certain areas. I think when I came up with a ballpark a while back, the number was around 5k of the individual GeoPiers since they are in clusters of different sizes between 12 and 20. I haven't done an estimate on the actual number of footings poured over each cluster of GeoPiers, but as you said...It's an incredible thing to see!

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Have you been able to peek in at the under structure of those roof panels?

-Crissa
I don't think that would be permissible or safe at least when workers are around. I would assume that it would be considered trespassing a private property. The last thing anyone would want to see is an employee working there falling off the roof or scaffolding because he/ she got startled by seeing/ hearing something which was not supposed to be there.

Last edited:

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Have you been able to peek in at the under structure of those roof panels?

-Crissa
Yeah, this won't be possible. There are just some things that you must not even consider doing out of it being a safety risk or something that could result in losing the privilege of filming.

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Wednesday footage is now posted and includes a good look at the real solution for fixing the short concrete column over the isolation foundation:

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Has there been a Tera Factory design drawing released showing what this is all supposed to look like when finished?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I hadn't even considered the possibility of flying under the panels!

I meant to say look from the side like when you're over the road or grass, as opposed from directly above.

-Crissa

Last edited:

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I don't think that would be permissible or safe at least when workers are around. I would assume that it would be considered trespassing a private property. The or scaffolding because he/ she got startled by seeing/ hearing something which was not supposed to be there.
"... last thing anyone would want to see is an employee working there falling off the roof ...."

Your point certainly stands -- but where there are no railings, the workers are tethered by rope.
Sponsored