Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I would go there and pick mine up if no shipping charge. I planning to visit the Texas TaraFactory with my CT later on when visitor project completed.
Sponsored

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y LR, Cyber Truck to come
Country flag
I would go there and pick mine up if no shipping charge. I planning to visit the Texas TaraFactory with my CT later on when visitor project completed.
Dido

Reactions: CTM

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Ditto on waiting for the CT as Dido did:

«I won't go
I won't sleep
I can't breathe
Until you're resting here with me»

? (Sorry for elaborate but tame joke, I’m just jealous of you who are on the right side of the Atlantic for the CT)

Last edited:

Deleted member 859

Heck yeah! My wife and I plan to drive our Model S up from San Antonio. I hope other family members may attend the tour. My son-in-law is an electrical engineer with Texas Instruments and my young grandson would also love it! It’s time for all generations to develop a passion for electric vehicles and Tesla is the best!

Cyber8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3m/ f150
Occupation
Management
Country flag
I am hoping to fly in from florida and drive home. As far as a cost saving for delivery, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an extra cost to pick up at factory as Chevy charges almost $1k for museum pickup For,corvette.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
1700+ miles from Austin to home, most of it on Interstate 10 going straight for 800+ miles, 24 hours of driving though desert and then boring as snot I-5 with some possible LA traffic thrown in for insult. Oh hell no!!

Flying out for a tour and test drive? Sign me up.

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
Back in late 2014 I purchased an Kia soul ev out of CA. I had thoughts of driving it home from the dealership but it was impractical for more reasons than just range. I could only register it in OR if the car was here so that meant i'd have to register it in CA to drive home and then pay to register it again in OR. The cost was prohibitive. Much cheaper to have it shipped here. I'd love if Tesla can pull something off but i doubt it. :(

Cymerax

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S40, ordered Cybertruck dual-motor AWD
Country flag
1700+ miles from Austin to home, most of it on Interstate 10 going straight for 800+ miles, 24 hours of driving though desert and then boring as snot I-5 with some possible LA traffic thrown in for insult. Oh hell no!!

Flying out for a tour and test drive? Sign me up.
Yeah but just think of it, after 1700 miles you and your CT will be very well acquainted, lol. Plus if you ordered FSD, you won't be doing most of the driving anyway, so bring a good book and enjoy the scenery ;?)

Cymerax

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I guess the most salient point for me would be whether arranging to pick up your CT at the factory has any effect on your delivery date? Even though I'll be living in Eugene, OR by the time my CT is ready for pickup, would picking it up move me up in line as opposed to waiting for delivery?
Also, what are these "regions" that dictate your place in the queue - are there separate regions within the U.S. or is it by country or does distance from the factory delineate regions? Thanks for any help clearing this up ;?)

Cybrowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual motor Cybertruck
Country flag
As much as I would love the tour I'll wait for delivery to New Jersey. I'm hoping that with the news of the dual motor version coming first I'll receive mine sooner then I expected.

Cymerax

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As much as I would love the tour I'll wait for delivery to New Jersey. I'm hoping that with the news of the dual motor version coming first I'll receive mine sooner then I expected.
Wait a minute, is this NEW news that the DMLR's are coming first??? I thought Elon said the TM's were going to be first just produced last I heard.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Also, what are these "regions" that dictate your place in the queue ...?
No one knows. Trade secret from Tesla. Probably based upon shipping batches in trucks and training local service centers.

I thought Elon said the TM's were going to be first just produced last I heard.
He said dual and single-motor first on release night.
Then he said maybe tri first.
He's said tri and dual.
Last interview he hinted the dual was first.
Historically, Tesla has released the performance version first, but not always. They have always released the most options, the most expensive first... when those options were available.
So honestly... we don't know. Maybe we should have a pool on it.

-Crissa

Cymerax

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No one knows. Trade secret from Tesla. Probably based upon shipping batches in trucks and training local service centers.

-Crissa
Ahso, more ambiguity... I hate ambiguity ;?D

Lascavarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Elon mentioned also how large the property is, with his conversation about picking them up at the factory. I hope they can use some of that property to make a Cybertruck Offroad Driving Experience. That would be a great way to learn about the capabilities of the CT and how to use it and get out of places when you get stuck. Who knows they may have a creek crossing, where it will FLOAT a little bit.
Oh yeah, I would definitely want to go there and drive it home.
Jeep used to do something like this but driving their new vehicles. I did it and it was great. They could easily charge for this experience IMO.

Even if Tesla didn’t, maybe a 3rd party accessory seller could do something like this nearby. Get your CT and get accessories installed right down the street while playing on the course. Maybe even camp there. Could be very cool.
Sponsored