Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
:love:
More like walk. You do realize that 1500 miles in 500 hours is 3 miles per hour, right?
Try again using car instead of walking person
Congratulations on not only being WAY late to the party, but completely missing the joke....:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
We will pick up our CT with the Cyberlandr. It’s going to be a great road trip home. I use Autopilot on my Model Y on the highway and 95% of the driving stress, gone. This time around, in my tri-motor, it even better experience. It hard to say anything better experience then a Tesla but this will be acceptable situation. Can’t wait since pre order.
You are willing to pay $45k for a 4' x 8' camper. That's 32 sf. It just seems crazy to me. I can see that its compact and probably light weight but it seems like it now makes the truck bed unusable. You can get a nice popup trailer for around $3k with basically all these features. I know a lot of people are concerned about charging with a trailer, but I am sure there will be a place to disconnect and charge or pull through chargers in the near future. Oh but it comes with solar panels! its listing 500 watts. even on a great 6 hour day that's 3kW of charging. That's just above 1% of the trimotor trucks battery. I get that it packs a lot of features into a small space, but aside from not having to disconnect to charge and being lighter weight it seems like its a lot of money for not a lot of better features than a tow behind trailer that would give you way more room/storage for a lot less cost.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You are willing to pay $45k for a 4' x 8' camper. That's 32 sf. It just seems crazy to me. I can see that its compact and probably light weight but it seems like it now makes the truck bed unusable. You can get a nice popup trailer for around $3k with basically all these features. I know a lot of people are concerned about charging with a trailer, but I am sure there will be a place to disconnect and charge or pull through chargers in the near future. Oh but it comes with solar panels! its listing 500 watts. even on a great 6 hour day that's 3kW of charging. That's just above 1% of the trimotor trucks battery. I get that it packs a lot of features into a small space, but aside from not having to disconnect to charge and being lighter weight it seems like its a lot of money for not a lot of better features than a tow behind trailer that would give you way more room/storage for a lot less cost.
It's worth pointing out that Cyberlandr will have near zero impact on range where the trailer is likely to have a ~20% hit to range.

My big concern with the Cyberlandr is my concern with most Kickstarter projects, only this is about 45x more expensive and 45x more complex than a typical Kickstarter project. They don't even have a prototype. They have no factory, they are talking about a bunch of software development and likely have zero lines of code written. It is a very complex project being pre-sold based on a set of renders and UI mock-ups.

Picking up a Cybertruck and sliding the Cyberlandr into it isn't going to happen for a long time, possibly never.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
It's worth pointing out that Cyberlandr will have near zero impact on range where the trailer is likely to have a ~20% hit to range.

My big concern with the Cyberlandr is my concern with most Kickstarter projects, only this is about 45x more expensive and 45x more complex than a typical Kickstarter project. They don't even have a prototype. They have no factory, they are talking about a bunch of software development and likely have zero lines of code written. It is a very complex project being pre-sold based on a set of renders and UI mock-ups.

Picking up a Cybertruck and sliding the Cyberlandr into it isn't going to happen for a long time, possibly never.
Looks like they have a prototype now in someone’s home garage. I still think almost $50k for what you get here is not worth it. I get the main advantage is likely not as much range impact but this thing will weigh almost 1400 lbs so there will be some reduced mileage carrying it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Looks like they have a prototype now in someone’s home garage. I still think almost $50k for what you get here is not worth it. I get the main advantage is likely not as much range impact but this thing will weigh almost 1400 lbs so there will be some reduced mileage carrying it.
Well that's a step in the right direction.

Wait... no, not really. This looks like it's made from taped together cardboard boxes. You can see the tape on the edges.

Tesla Cybertruck Who's planning on a Cybertruck factory pickup / delivery Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 11.19.10 AM

This isn't a prototype, it's a dude standing inside a stack of boxes and pushing them up. There is a crude edit in the middle, likely so because they couldn't make the thing rise up consistently.

I'm skeptical about the value of this thing at $50k... but I'm even more skeptical of the way this is getting rolled out.

The Alpha Wolf mock at least looks like the renders. (even though it has no interior, battery, or motors)

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I am freeing my calendar the first week of October for the notification to take delivery of my Cybertruck anywhere in the world.:p

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's how prototyping works, @Ogre . You start with tape and panels and slowly replace with more durable materials as you confirm your measurements.

The final product will probably still be tape and foamcore insulation panels, just with rigid extruded/cast/printed connectors.

-Crissa

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightng Lariat ER, 2014 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would defiantly pick up my Cybertruck at the Giga factory. Drive it home. But I'm not sure how to get it across the Canadian boarder :unsure: