Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t think the decision will revolve around laws. The big question is whether Tesla is going to build on-site infrastructure to accommodate the small number of people interested in this option. Tera Texas is a factory, not a showroom. They would need to create some area for customer pick up and staff it.
I think there’s quite a few of us retired people looking forward to the trip and a visit to star base. Then a nice road-trip home.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think there’s quite a few of us retired people looking forward to the trip and a visit to star base. Then a nice road-trip home.
Elon mentioned a show room. There is one planned for their German factory.
I would absolutely love to pick mine up at the factory. I fully hope there is a showroom and Texas delivery option!

I was just pointing out that the decision of whether or not there would be an option is likely a business decision, not a legal constraint.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I am running through the plant if they try to stop me. How big is the facility again?

I am driving through the plant if they try to stop me.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I don’t think the decision will revolve around laws. The big question is whether Tesla is going to build on-site infrastructure to accommodate the small number of people interested in this option. Tera Texas is a factory, not a showroom. They would need to create some area for customer pick up and staff it.
Actually Musk wants the factory to be visited and for people to spend time not only at the parks and trails surrounding it, but at the actual factory....

Musk plans for GigaTX
referenced during the second-quarter earnings call. While discussing the upcoming facility, Musk excitedly stated that Giga Texas will be the first Tesla factory that will have parts of it open to the public.

“It’s about 2,000 acres and we’re going to make it a factory that is going to be stunning. It’s right on the Colorado River. So we’re actually going to have a boardwalk, where there’ll be hiking/biking trail. It’s going to basically be an ecological paradise, birds in the trees, butterflies, fish in the stream, and it’ll be open to the public as well. So not closed and only-Tesla,” Musk said.

Also, the intention is for the right (west) side to be open to visitors and the general public.

So I suspect there will be facilities for customer pickup and tours if the TX dealer laws will allow it. I also suspect a demo/test trail too.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Actually Musk wants the factory to be visited and for people to spend time not only at the parks and trails surrounding it, but at the actual factory....

Musk plans for GigaTX
referenced during the second-quarter earnings call. While discussing the upcoming facility, Musk excitedly stated that Giga Texas will be the first Tesla factory that will have parts of it open to the public.

“It’s about 2,000 acres and we’re going to make it a factory that is going to be stunning. It’s right on the Colorado River. So we’re actually going to have a boardwalk, where there’ll be hiking/biking trail. It’s going to basically be an ecological paradise, birds in the trees, butterflies, fish in the stream, and it’ll be open to the public as well. So not closed and only-Tesla,” Musk said.

Also, the intention is for the right side to be open to visitors and the general public.

So I suspect there will be facilities for customer pickup and tours if the TX dealer laws will allow it. I also suspect a demo/test trail too.
I sure hope so, on all counts.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
If you purchase your CT on line in your home state (assuming your home state allows Tesla to sell straight to the public) how would Texas laws regarding Tesla selling their vehicles in Texas affect you being able to pick your truck up?
Basically you are avoiding a delivery charge, making a pilgrimage to the Holy Mecca of CT production and having an adventure with a purpose.
What say the faithful?
Sponsored