Maybe I shouldn't wait for the CT anymore.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
...climate change deniers...
...won't put their mouth over a tailpipe and breath deep because they know it would kill them...
...will insist that emissions from billions of taipipes spewing into the atmosphere for over a hundred years will have no negative consequences whatsoever...
...are they unaware of how small the earth is?...
...do they not know there is a world outside their own town?...
...were they eating lead paint chips as children?...
...the mystery continues...
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
...climate change deniers...
...won't put their mouth over a tailpipe and breath deep because they know it would kill them...
...will insist that emissions from billions of taipipes spewing into the atmosphere for over a hundred years will have no negative consequences whatsoever...
...are they unaware of how small the earth is?...
...do they not know there is a world outside their own town?...
...were they eating lead paint chips as children?...
...the mystery continues...
as to why..... they don't understand the science behind it.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
yes but also over a larger area.... not for example a neighborhood.
No, that's not true. The definition of climate does not specify a large area.

Climate:
the average course or condition of the weather at a place usually over a period of years as exhibited by temperature, wind velocity, and precipitation

Climate can be broad, as in a nation or state, or more narrow. For example, I moved from one town to another a few years ago. They're only 40 mins apart, but one is on another side of a small mountain range. As such, they have slightly different climates.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I don't see where these two disagree. You'll have to be more specific ^-^

-Crissa
More specifically, what I initially said. Around 1000 years ago, it was probably a bit warmer than it is today, while 200 years ago it was colder for a stretch of around 200 years. The cartoon you linked doesn't show it being warmer, and minimizes the cold stretch compared to the NASA charts.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I drive one hybrid (Pacifica), and one ICE (Volvo). I have a reservation number that puts me around 20,000 in line for a CT and my plan was to replace the Volvo with the CT.

As a side hustle I do wildlife habitat restoration work. I get along just fine pulling a small trailer with my Volvo, or using the actually large space in my van. I have always wanted a truck, and used to own one, but shifted away. The release of the cybertruck was perfect for me - I could have a truck again, do my work easier, and not worry about a gas guzzler.

But Texas has made me rethink my plan. I don't know that I want to wait for the CT. The Texas situation is partly horrible mismanagement, but also climate change related. And every day I drive my ICE vehicle I will now wonder if what I'm doing is the best I can do.

I'm thinking about cancelling my CT reservation and going Model Y. It tows 3,500 lbs which is plenty for me to keep up my current type of work. I can't haul the tractor, but I rarely need to do that now as it is. Yeah the CT is cool AF but it's going to be at least a year, and that just feels much too long.

Is anyone else on this forum feeling the same way?
Be patient...I'm planning on 2 years for the base model.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
We could not wait and bought a Y a few weeks ago. Told my wife while we were waiting for delivery that we will drive the Y until the CT is ready. Now she feels like she may want both the Y and the CT.
I guess I better plan two chargers....

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
This statement is incorrect and not supported by the NASA data.

-Crissa
If you can’t read the graph, that’s up to you. The side topic is irrelevant and boring anyway.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If you can’t read the graph, that’s up to you. The side topic is irrelevant and boring anyway.
Please, show on the graph where you don't understand. I will explain what confidence interval means, and perhaps what the numbers aside the graph mean as well.

-Crissa

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
I drive one hybrid (Pacifica), and one ICE (Volvo). I have a reservation number that puts me around 20,000 in line for a CT and my plan was to replace the Volvo with the CT.

As a side hustle I do wildlife habitat restoration work. I get along just fine pulling a small trailer with my Volvo, or using the actually large space in my van. I have always wanted a truck, and used to own one, but shifted away. The release of the cybertruck was perfect for me - I could have a truck again, do my work easier, and not worry about a gas guzzler.

But Texas has made me rethink my plan. I don't know that I want to wait for the CT. The Texas situation is partly horrible mismanagement, but also climate change related. And every day I drive my ICE vehicle I will now wonder if what I'm doing is the best I can do.

I'm thinking about cancelling my CT reservation and going Model Y. It tows 3,500 lbs which is plenty for me to keep up my current type of work. I can't haul the tractor, but I rarely need to do that now as it is. Yeah the CT is cool AF but it's going to be at least a year, and that just feels much too long.

Hi there, Sorry hearing about Texas...I'm driving a 23 year old Ford PU, and just hoping it will last until the CT arrives. Don't cancel your reservation until you see how much you can sell it for when it does appear. Good luck.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Please, show on the graph where you don't understand. I will explain what confidence interval means, and perhaps what the numbers aside the graph mean as well.

-Crissa
What's the confidence interval on your cartoon?

Triglide

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Not on your life. I’m probably at about 800,000 on my dual motor CT pre order. I’ld love to slide into 20,000.?

Triglide

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/

And cows are a problem, but mostly because of how many acres are used to support them. A field of grass absorbs much less carbon than a forest.
https://weather.com/news/climate/news/2021-01-05-grasslands-climate-change-global-warming

Grass absorbs alot of carbon individually, but a field has to be pretty carefully managed not to just emit it back out through decomposition.

I notice you do not cite your sources.

That is because your statement is not true.
https://xkcd.com/1732/

-Crissa
Historically civilizations thrive in warmer temps. For a variety or reasons. They also struggle more in cooler temps. for a variety of reasons. Honestly, a few degrees of warmer temps for a time will prove to be a glorious thing. Life will continue to be a beautiful mystery going forward in my CT.
Sponsored

Reactions: khg