Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Yes I work for an ICE manufacturer, don’t judge me.
I would sell my soul to devil at a drop of a hat if he made a good offer. The only reason I am hugging trees is that he was not interested.
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
There’s just no point in advertising right now. I used to work in marketing before switching to an engineering career. Why spend money to market a product when the current demand already exceeds your ability to fill orders?
Damn, that is smart. No doubtski.

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree with OCS12. But to me it is more the big picture. Tesla has had to be very smart on how they use their capital. And I'd rather they spend every spare dime on more charging stations, service centers, gigafactories, battery production and engineering than spend a dime on marketing. A great marketing campaign doesn't make a happy customer when service or a charge is days away. Rivian says it will have a service network up by the end of the year when they start selling vehicles. If you are in a major urban area, you might be in luck. I probably wouldn't take a CT to Yellowstone or the Boundary Waters in the next couple years.

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
If a hybrid came out with a 75-100Kw battery ( with 120 and 240 volt outlets) I would leave the CT.
Hybrid or plug-in (hybrid). At that battery size it would be plug-in. But either way most legacy auto target 200 to 300 miles per trip. Like the Pacifica with its 16kw battery. If you want a larger 75 to 100kw plug-in that would be called a BEV as I don't think any auto would do that. Even Prius Plug-in uses a 8.8kw battery. The new F150 I think is only 1.5kw battery? I'm not sure but the big thing with that is the engine is so quite its used as a generator. With battery soo small thus no plug to charge as the engine will charge quickly.

I do agree with you, all auto needs to stop limiting our range, put a bug gas tank and a big battery so we can go as far as we want... Even Elon said there is a threshold that they try to keep within.. I would love a 750 or 1k mile range, but this is the world we live in today...

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
This and videos of traveling to South America is no way to communicate with your customers about your product. <SNIP> So where would you take your CT for your youtube promo? Maine? Colorado? Adirondacks?
South America is extremely rugged and undeveloped. Cybertruck is engineered, developed and by design - form follows function extreme.

Cybertruck first principles is blank slate ground up re-engineered CO2 liberty. It is the highest embodiment of burning desire. It breaks all dependency in a world completely addicted to the idea of fossil fueled freedom.

USA has force fed the world this image of freedom lifestyled on the back of CO2. USA is 97% fully paved in CO2, exceptionally manicured by CO2 and built on one CO2 themed mini-adventureland after another.

Cybertruck says goodbye forever to SMOG, childhood asthma producing exhaust, Gulf of Mexico oil blackened beaches, food-stock ethanol fuels, leaking underground gas station tanks, the gas pump, and EXXON VALDEZ sized environmental disaster, etc...

To hell with that freedom. Give me Cybertruck!

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
South America is extremely rugged and undeveloped. Cybertruck is engineered, developed and by design - form follows function extreme.

Cybertruck first principles is blank slate ground up re-engineered CO2 liberty. It is the highest embodiment of burning desire. It breaks all dependency in a world completely addicted to the idea of fossil fueled freedom.

USA has force fed the world this image of freedom lifestyled on the back of CO2. USA is 97% fully paved in CO2, exceptionally manicured by CO2 and built on one CO2 themed mini-adventureland after another.

Cybertruck says goodbye forever to SMOG, childhood asthma producing exhaust, Gulf of Mexico oil blackened beaches, food-stock ethanol fuels, leaking underground gas station tanks, the gas pump, and EXXON VALDEZ sized environmental disaster, etc...

To hell with that freedom. Give me Cybertruck!
Preach!

gphenix

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75th Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee, MERCEDES AMG SLC43
Country flag
As with any new vehicle, what happens when the new wears off. The Cyber truck is new and different. It brings me closer to my younger day when Syfi was the thing that I looked forward to day after day. To me the Rivian is just another truck like any other truck. Same ole shape that that leaves me with the same old auto commercials of how much fun you can have with their new product. But not long after you buy it, it just becomes another truck. The Cyber Truck is exploring a different time, a futuristic time, the time that kept me interested as a kid. Looking forward to being there day after day and year after year, which makes it different for a long time. My mind is longing for those younger days and making memories thereof coming back to life.. This is what I saw when I first saw it. This is why I wanted it.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
That's a nice feel-good video but it was too long and slow moving to keep my attention, and I'm patient.
I agree that it is pointless for Tesla to market the Cybertruck given its huge order book.
As far as a comparison between the two trucks, this sums it up for me...
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Please Do This Screenshot_2021-02-27-12-14-35~3

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
That's a nice feel-good video but it was too long and slow moving to keep my attention, and I'm patient.
I agree that it is pointless for Tesla to market the Cybertruck given its huge order book.
As far as a comparison between the two trucks, this sums it up for me...
Screenshot_2021-02-27-12-14-35~3.png
The Rivian is just weirdly ugly to me. The CT is so over the top ugly, it appeals to my weird tastes.

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
Cool video. Love the Rivian. If they made a $50k version comparable to the dual motor CT I would be really torn between the two.
My wife HATES the look of the CT. However, I'm not paying 20k extra for a prettier less capable vehicle. Although the Rivian looks really good in black...

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I would sell my soul to devil at a drop of a hat if he made a good offer. The only reason I am hugging trees is that he was not interested.
The problem was that the offer was mediocre and I’ve heard one too many horror stories from industry friends that worked there. It’d be a ton of fun to work in design, but my engineering background is in industrial automation and robotics. Despite his genius, Elon’s kind of a dingbat in that area, and the folks in my field get run into the ground. I haven’t ruled out the new offer in Houston. Cost of living in California would have made it a decrease in lifestyle.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
As with any new vehicle, what happens when the new wears off. The Cyber truck is new and different. It brings me closer to my younger day when Syfi was the thing that I looked forward to day after day. To me the Rivian is just another truck like any other truck. Same ole shape that that leaves me with the same old auto commercials of how much fun you can have with their new product. But not long after you buy it, it just becomes another truck. The Cyber Truck is exploring a different time, a futuristic time, the time that kept me interested as a kid. Looking forward to being there day after day and year after year, which makes it different for a long time. My mind is longing for those younger days and making memories thereof coming back to life.. This is what I saw when I first saw it. This is why I wanted it.
SOLD

Now that is the free commercial Elan was looking for.