Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
VP to Bezos
Country flag
For those picking up from out of state, how are you going to insure the vehicle for the road trip?

I am from Michigan with crazy auto insurance. I wouldnt mind securing an address in Texas for a couple of months to qualify for getting auto insurance there for the CT and using that long term in Michigan after the trip back.

Is this sensible? Or can the CT be insured at the giga factory with your original (out of)state auto-ins. over the phone and internet? Very curious. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
For those picking up from out of state, how are you going to insure the vehicle for the road trip?
MI insurance may be crazy, I cannot address that. But my insurance automatically insures any new car I buy for 30 days. And once I have title, a phone call adds it to my insurance.

I doubt if you really face a problem.

Jamey100

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
VP to Bezos
Country flag
But my insurance automatically insures any new car I buy for 30 days. And once I have title, a phone call adds it to my insurance.
That's good to know. Automatically insuring new vehicles is news to me. Highly convenient.

Can I ask what insurance you use and from what state?

DarthMuffin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Spark EV, Cybertruck reserved
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Picking it up would be fun, especially since I have family to visit near there.

For those worried about insurance, etc. I bought a new car in CA and drove it back to WA. The dealer had no problem getting the taxes straight and working with my lender in WA. My insurance co was also very helpful, just called and gave them the VIN and done although I believe you have a short time to do that (like NBD).

cyberslacker

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, eagerly awaiting my Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Country flag
I would love to depending on what the weather looks like. Would be a great road trip back to the PNW

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
Me and my wifey are planning to fly there and hopefully take a tour of the factory and then drive the CT back home. It’s been a while since we had a long drive so it should be fun.

fantomas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazdas
Country flag
Will most likely fly down with the wife, spend some time in Austin, pick up the CT, drive it back up along the coastline, stopping for some time in New Orleans, Savannah, and Raleigh on the way back up to Connecticut.

Nathon

First Name
Nathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 , Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I would love to depending on what the weather looks like. Would be a great road trip back to the PNW
Where are you? I’m in Coeur D Alene and really looking forward to getting this truck. There’s a good chance I’ll fly down and do a factory pickup and drive back to Idaho

mlee168

First Name
Mon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Plugin
Country flag
If given the option, I would like to fly down to TX and pickup the truck and then head to CA to pickup the Polydrops trailer to do a road trip across this great country of ours!

T - Roy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 2-Motor
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Flying in to pick it up at the factory would be super cool. The drive back to Nova Scotia would be very long. I've always wanted to drive through the American south and up the east coast, so it's tempting, but would depend a lot on life to see if I could take the time away to do it. 4000km and 37 hours of driving. That's a loooong drive...
YES, Not to mention charging time, depending on which model you have and mileage range/battery capacity?

LKP

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model Y, Ford Fusion plug-in hybrid
Occupation
Retired manager
Country flag
Rad! Let me know if you need an extra driver getting one of your Trucks back to Cali with you:ROFLMAO:
I really can't find the answer, but has Tesla actually stated that if you pick-up the CT there, that they will in fact provide a factory tour? If so, I'm in!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I really can't find the answer, but has Tesla actually stated that if you pick-up the CT there, that they will in fact provide a factory tour? If so, I'm in!
He's suggested it, they've done it before. And they seem to be building the new facilities with this in mind.

Will they be doing tours? No one knows?

-Crissa
Sponsored

Reactions: LKP