HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I am curious if any future Cybertruck owners plan to personalize or customize their truck and what you are thinking about doing? I ran across this picture of a vehicle wrap and immediately thought it would look awesome on my truck. Thoughts? Plan? Please share with the rest of us.
I won't be putting on a plastic film that is subject to cuts and scratches when the material underneath is so durable and beautiful.

It will be "uniquely mine" because only my phone or my keycard will bring it to life. :)
Sponsored

SoCalSteve

First Name
SoCalSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Exige, Mark VIII, Countryman, Rune, X (Ultra Red)
Occupation
Industrial & Systems Engineer
Country flag
I don't think we'll see too many CT's. If you've ever seen a massive pickup truck backed into a parking spot that still has the nose sticking out. Those guys are annoying. Well, the CT is longer!

As this is the first vehicle with this look since 1983, I figured I'd steal the DeLorean logo.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck-Making it uniquely yours. DeLorean_Motor_Company-Logo.wine

I'm also a ridiculously big Tron fan so I've considered some options there as well. I'd love to do an electrically illuminated paint job, but I'm not willing to paint my CT (or do any permanent modifications). People that paint their DMC's drive me bonkers, especially when it's the "special edition" black or gold versions which were only Hot Wheels productions.

Last edited:

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I won't likely wrap my CT. Wrapping kills one of the main purposes for the metal used - no scratches or other blemishes. I heard Elon said there would be a darker version of the SS, and if that is the color through and through, I will get that 100%. I don't want to swipe a mean bush and look at the scraped and scratched off black dip or black anodized color. Also, I would not put my CT through the heating and cooling and reheating needed to get those colors through the spectrum. I'm good with simple and effective. It's one thing I love about this vehicle, so why screw that up? haha peace

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
That would look cool...BUT, wouldn't that be a hazard on the road...Sunlight blinding other drivers, reflecting off all those angles. ?

JRu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Cherokee, BMW R1200R
Occupation
Gymja Warrior
Country flag
I'll be using mine partially for business so I'm thinking about a big logo on the bed door. it's a big spot asking for something on it. I don't think I want to go obnoxious as the CT stands out just fine on it's own

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Frank Gehry’s Walt Disney Concert Hall S.S. was too reflective and shiny. They fixed that by sandng down the finish to a brushed finish. It is possible that shiny S.S. out shines them all.

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
I’m gonna ask for the signature version; “To Pappy, enjoy cause it’ll be the last Truck you’ll ever need,
Signed
Elon Musk
That will make it Unique enough for this old coal miner.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I'd love to polish mine to a mirror like finish.

I swear there was a thread here on polishing it to a mirror like finish
Years ago when I was a Commercial Driver running the West Coast and back there was a tanker company that hauled fuel in California and Arizona.

The tank trailers were aluminum and the rear of them had been polished to a mirror finish (I guess they had one guy who's sole job was to keep them polished).

I used to have a picture of my truck reflected from the back of one them. It was like looking in a mirror.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Years ago when I was a Commercial Driver running the West Coast and back there was a tanker company that hauled fuel in California and Arizona.

The tank trailers were aluminum and the rear of them had been polished to a mirror finish (I guess they had one guy who's sole job was to keep them polished).

I used to have a picture of my truck reflected from the back of one them. It was like looking in a mirror.
Yep, Great way to do a selfie, back in the day. I had one of my ole VW bus. I always wondered how many times they got rear-ended by us idiots following too close, trying to get a photo. :ROFLMAO: Edit: I found the photo. Not very good, of course it's from about 40 years ago. Should have gotten closer! ?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck-Making it uniquely yours. gastruck
Sponsored

Last edited: