Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Saw this on Instagram via Reddit. So in addition to the R/C 1:10 and 1:64 models, there will be a 1:64 die-cast version as part of the 2021 Main Line "M" case.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Hot Wheels 1:64 Die-Cast 1618167119539
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Hot Wheels 1:64 Die-Cast 1618167174154

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Hot Wheels 1:64 Die-Cast 1618167223416
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Hot Wheels 1:64 Die-Cast 1618167254452

Source

Cybertruck is also listed here
Sponsored

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I hope they make plenty of these!

And please, people, dont buy ALL of them when you see them for sale!

Buying 50 of them and reselling them on ebay makes some of us lose a little bit more faith in humanity........

Last edited:

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
so any idea when it will go on sale? I do not
see it released yet.

OP
OP
Albern

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
so any idea when it will go on sale? I do not
see it released yet.
Judging by the photos I'd say any time now, that looks like a case that would ship to retail.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I hope they make plenty of these!

And please, people, dont buy ALL of them when you see them for sale!

Buying 50 of them and reselling them on ebay makes some of us lose a little bit more faith in humanity........
You mean a little bit more faith lost in humanity after all the ebay scalping that was allowed to happen in the NVidia RTX 30XX series graphics cards? :) (slightly off topic, please bear with).

To expel a small rant, we would be better able to assist creation of accessory renderings/models to supplement the Cybertruck if we could get access to these type graphics cards (I know that 3D design applications are not always gaming intensity, but rendering and ray-tracing speed is still relevant nonetheless). Seems like NVidia could've done more to prevent scalping if they controlled each purchase through special order processes and limitations. I guess since NVidia is not exclusively direct sales, it may be harder for them to control this possibly, and even a single unit buyer might still be a scalper, so I 'get' it. Still, I think NVidia could've allocated a slice percentage for direct sales, and allowed customers to preorder, even it means waiting for a year or more, like purchasing a Tesla. Having a reservation number is satisfactory if something is worth the wait - isn't that what a lot of us are doing here on this site as well?... NVidia has Failed to make their RTX 30 series cards available to normal people, but instead has executed a 'Tech Elite Farce Launch' of sorts making the cards only available to high end reviewers, bot script writers and scalpers (corporate retailers being no help either). We're in the eighth month after the supposed initial launch and for normal people - still Nothing. OK, had to get that out of my system.

So, that's my light rant sort of (barely) related to the subject, but I also hope people don't buy up batches of die-cast Hot Wheels Cybertrucks for purposes of scalping.

I do have a passing thought of an idea (for either product) - Mattel (or NVidia for that matter), could make a Special Order option through Tesla, only for those who have a Valid Tesla Account and Own at least one Tesla EV (verified by VIN), and give those eligible Tesla owners a chance at an exclusive allocation of the production output. This access could be limited to two units total per household, etc. After all Tesla owners are in a unique position to emphasize and realistically promote a particular Hot Wheels Tesla model. As for NVidia, I'd say they actually owe a little to Tesla owners for the market of AP 2.0 Hardware and likely some of their revenue supporting their R&D for AI, so hey NVidia, why not give us Tesla owners a little 'inside access'?

But, Mattel can likely make toy cars much easier than NVIDIA can make super graphics cards, evidenced by my receipt of a pre-ordered 1/64 RC Cybertruck package, just the other day. I wish I could've ordered the 1/10 scale RC version, but I wasn't 'fast' enough when the pre-order window opened.

Best of luck to all trying to get any of these products.
~~~~

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Does anyone know about pre-orders? A release date? Where to buy? ...... and now July 31 got it !!!!!!!
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Hot Wheels 1:64 Die-Cast 20210731_132756

Last edited:

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Well, I have been camping out in front of Toys R Us since hearing about this, but early this morning, the police who woke me in my car said they were out of business! Where does one even find a Hot Wheels car? Target? Walmart? O’Reilly Auto Parts?
I guess it would be better to wait for it to actually come out before looking. I am still looking for that big R/C 1/10th scale CT. I think I will get the real thing before getting the R/C version!