Window breakers (to escape drowning) would they work on a ct?

WFrazier

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck preorder
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
I just had a thought about the CT. What if there is an electrical failure and you can't get out of the car. I would be comforted if I knew there was some emergency escape, that was not based on the computer system being functional.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There will be (and is required to be) an emergency manual release lever in the door. This is in all other Tesla cars currently.

Yes, a striker point will probably break the glass, but then you'd have to wedge it out of the frame, as their projected designs are laminated.

-Crissa

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A pointed chisel along with a heavy hammer would do, although you might have to use it a few times to break out a big enough area. Once somewhat broken up, a crowbar might help clear out what's left more easily. Hope you have a heavy coat or can duck any bits remaining, and not get sliced open on them.

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
Musk said the CT was going to float - so you probably won't need that anyway.

ThomasG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Subaru Forester
Country flag
A lot of vehicles now have laminated glass side windows which are a lot harder to break out for escape.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A lot of vehicles now have laminated glass side windows which are a lot harder to break out for escape.
With the tragic news of the death of a paramedic sitting in the passenger seat of a moving ambulance when a rock roughly the size of a fist came though the windshield and killed him, this got me thinking is the windscreen of the CT going to be manufactured out of the same material as the side windows?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...is the windscreen of the CT going to be manufactured out of the same material as the side windows?
I heard that was the initial reason for the new glass: A harder material resists sand pitting more, and that's a high expense for commercial trucks.

Although I don't know if that feature made it into the Semi, that's why they got into the glass.

-Crissa

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag

This statement piqued my interest so I started googling. I found a list of vehicles that use laminated glass (other than the windshield). To my surprise, my current vehicle has laminated glass in the front door windows. Kinda glad I learned this. I have an emergency window breaker in my car. Now I know I need to crawl to the backseat for it to be effective.

https://www.aaa.com/AAA/common/AAR/files/Laminated-Glass-Vehicle-List.pdf

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To my surprise, my current vehicle has laminated glass in the front door windows. Kinda glad I learned this. I have an emergency window breaker in my car. Now I know I need to crawl to the backseat for it to be effective.
No, it'll work, just when you break the window, it'll come out as a single floppy piece.

-Crissa
Sponsored