ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted inside Tesla Gigafactory Texas Tesla-Cybertruck-gigafactory-texas-e1621017435471.jpg copy

From Electrek

A Tesla Cybertruck prototype was spotted at Gigafactory Texas, and it’s making people wonder if it could finally be a new prototype.

The Cybertruck was unveiled back in November 2019, and Tesla said that it planned to bring it to market by the end of 2021.

The automaker has also been talking about slightly updating the design of the electric pickup truck.

We still haven’t seen that updated design, which Elon Musk has been teasing to be unveiled any day, and as far as we know, Tesla only has the original Cybertruck prototype unveiled.

We hadn’t seen a Cybertruck prototype for over six months until it showed up at the Gigafactory Texas construction site a few weeks ago, and then Tesla brought it out again last week in New York.

Now just a few days later, a Tesla Cybertruck was spotted in a new drone flyover of Gigafactory Texas:

The original Cybertruck prototype could have made it to Texas from New York, but it would have closed in just a few days.

Tesla does plan to build the Cybertruck at gigafactory Texas, and if it plans production by the end of the year, the automaker should have several prototypes for testing at this point.

Of course, the vehicle in the video is too far away to see any difference from the original prototype to confirm that it is a new vehicle.

Tesla is getting closer to start production at Gigafactory Texas, but it is going to start with Model Y.

Recently, the first Giga Press installed at the factory has recently been spotted being used — likely for validation and tuning.

As for Cybertruck, while the official timeline is still late 2021, Musk has been setting the stage for a potential delay into 2022.

The electric pickup truck requires new manufacturing techniques since it has been designed with a steel exoskeleton.

Tesla has warned that it could run into some challenges when deploying those new manufacturing techniques.

There are a lot of eyes on the program as Tesla has over half a million reservation holders for the electric pickup truck.
Sponsored

WFrazier

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck preorder
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Just chillin there, waiting for the CT patrol to spot it.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Tesla does plan to build the Cybertruck at gigafactory Texas, and if it plans production by the end of the year, the automaker should have several prototypes for testing at this point.
As for Cybertruck, while the official timeline is still late 2021, Musk has been setting the stage for a potential delay into 2022.
Are these true insights, backed by reporting, or just reporting what's coming out the backside?

I gave up on Electrek because of this exact thing; they would slip this kind of unqualified stuff amongst facts.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They do seem to be messing with us now ^-^

Are these true insights, backed by reporting, or just reporting what's coming out the backside?

I gave up on Electrek because of this exact thing; they would slip this kind of unqualified stuff amongst facts.
Yes, both of those are backed by reporting.

What else would they be by? We have no evidence it's delayed, it has made every milestone so far.

-Crissa

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
They do seem to be messing with us now ^-^

Yes, both of those are backed by reporting.

What else would they be by? We have no evidence it's delayed, it has made every milestone so far.

-Crissa
Not sure if I miscommunicated. I don't think it's delayed but Electrek is asserting it is. You say "we have no evidence it's delayed" so I feel like we're on the same page.

How do they know if Tesla should have several prototypes? Got pics, quotes.

I assert if either of the things I quoted were true, then they could link to it but nope.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
EM said during q4(?) ir call that they would would lucky to get a few out to people by end of year. They will probably start production but won't deliver, at least not to regular consumers.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
You can see it beginning at about 6:50 behind the power poles just inside from the crane loading scaffolding.

Hard to spot!

-Crissa
Maybe it's just the fisheye and the wild geometry, but watching that makes it look like a cardboard cutout for some reason.

Also, didn't they only fire up the model y press for the first time earlier this week? I doubt that's an on site produced CT. It's probably one of the prototypes or mock ups if anything.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Just my 2¢ here from watching these videos every day since July....

I think this is one of the Fremont built CTs. Unless it's the one from NY that was here last month but....I think we are going to start seeing a few of them around. From the rumor about 2 heading up to Alaska for testing, to this one randomly showing up...I think Fremont has churned out a few for testing and we might just might just be getting out first look at the beast!

I don't think this is cardboard...when the drone is all the way to the left you can see the front bumper as well, and why would there be a construction worker crouching down taking a pic of a cardboard cutout otherwise?!

Get ready folks, the future is here!

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The truck is a MINIMUM of 6-months away from limited production. The huge CT Giga Press hasn’t even arrived yet. Patience grasshoppers...
You are making that number up. If the press arrived tomorrow it would be getting tested in 2 months and production shortly after. We do not know how long it will take to flesh out the cell factory but if history serves as a measure it will be 4 months. If you said 4-6 months I would leave it, but a minimum of 6 months requires some evidence.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
the biggest question i have is....what is it DOING there? I can see (at least not at this point in the construction of the plant) why it would even be inside the building, not to mention on the third floor.
Sponsored