CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
I don't really see the two circles in the back bed in this video. Nor do I see the in bed storage outline. Maybe due to quality of video, or just my old age not being able to focus on it. (I'm not old just like to complain as others do, lol.) All in all a great video upload to see the sexy back end.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
How is this the first time I saw this video weeks after the CT was in Austin?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Think Mobility for wheelchairs, with a midgate I could wheel my daughter in her wheelchair up the ramp into position in the back and secure her chair in position. Man I hope this can happen. Other options, like the mobility chair that electronically comes out and lowers itself electronically,
is over $12,000.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Think Mobility for wheelchairs, with a midgate I could wheel my daughter in her wheelchair up the ramp into position in the back and secure her chair in position. Man I hope this can happen. Other options, like the mobility chair that electronically comes out and lowers itself electronically,
is over $12,000.
That was my primary reason for even considering the purchase.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
so the black rectangles on the ramp appear to be non-slip or something, but from the underside (near the end of the video), they appear to be translucent.....

:confused:

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
The ramp looks like one designed only for cargo/atv assistance by the angle of approach. ADA ramp needs to be a lot flatter for access. BUT, maybe, almost guaranteed, there will be sophisticated access assistance due to the large amount of stored power onboard an EV. I can definitely see something like the Bruno Stow-Away being a solution for ADA access.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I really liked the ramp at the unveiling, but the more I see it, I don't like it as much. IMO, the steep angle of the ramp and then the "breakover angle" hump where the ramp meets the tailgate will make it less useful when put to real world use. It would work great for loading in high ground clearance off-road toys, but walking up it to get in the bed likely will be a bit tricky and loading something like a lawnmower would high center. I mainly wanted the ramp as a way to get in and out of the truck bed easier (walking in) while loading and unloading the bed for trips. Getting up into a high ground clearance truck bed without a step is no easy matter. If the ramp can't achieve a less severe angle, then I'd bet the walk up won't be as convenient as I had hoped. I'd almost prefer just a drop down step like the Ford or Chevy trucks have if the ramp angle can't be cut down. Maybe we could get both a ramp and a step and use whichever one you need at that particular time?