HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I really liked the ramp at the unveiling, but the more I see it, I don't like it as much. IMO, the steep angle of the ramp and then the "breakover angle" hump where the ramp meets the tailgate will make it less useful when put to real world use. It would work great for loading in high ground clearance off-road toys, but walking up it to get in the bed likely will be a bit tricky and loading something like a lawnmower would high center. I mainly wanted the ramp as a way to get in and out of the truck bed easier (walking in) while loading and unloading the bed for trips. Getting up into a high ground clearance truck bed without a step is no easy matter. If the ramp can't achieve a less severe angle, then I'd bet the walk up won't be as convenient as I had hoped. I'd almost prefer just a drop down step like the Ford or Chevy trucks have if the ramp angle can't be cut down. Maybe we could get both a ramp and a step and use whichever one you need at that particular time?
I totally disagree. I don't have a dedicated ramp for my current pickup truck but there have been many times I wish I did. I generally improvise and make a suitable ramp using whatever I can find laying around. Don't let the steep angle fool you, it will still be super handy for moving things like refrigerators and other appliances with a dolly, motorcycles, scooters, electric bicycles, lawn mowers, pressure washers, pretty much anything with wheels.

If the ramp is too steep you can generally find a place to park that will make it less steep. I do this with my current truck when loading motorcycles, etc. that I simply couldn't do without uneven terrain to work in my favor and a wide ramp will make it even easier. The Cybertrucks adjustable suspension and wide ramp will be a gamechanger for loading difficult objects into the bed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The ramp looks like one designed only for cargo/atv assistance by the angle of approach. ADA ramp needs to be a lot flatter for access. BUT, maybe, almost guaranteed, there will be sophisticated access assistance due to the large amount of stored power onboard an EV. I can definitely see something like the Bruno Stow-Away being a solution for ADA access.

It is too steep going all the way to flat ground. But I was thinking I'd back up to a curb. That 8" would make a big difference.

Deleted member 5322

I really liked the ramp at the unveiling, but the more I see it, I don't like it as much. IMO, the steep angle of the ramp and then the "breakover angle" hump where the ramp meets the tailgate will make it less useful when put to real world use. It would work great for loading in high ground clearance off-road toys, but walking up it to get in the bed likely will be a bit tricky and loading something like a lawnmower would high center. I mainly wanted the ramp as a way to get in and out of the truck bed easier (walking in) while loading and unloading the bed for trips. Getting up into a high ground clearance truck bed without a step is no easy matter. If the ramp can't achieve a less severe angle, then I'd bet the walk up won't be as convenient as I had hoped. I'd almost prefer just a drop down step like the Ford or Chevy trucks have if the ramp angle can't be cut down. Maybe we could get both a ramp and a step and use whichever one you need at that particular time?
If you do not like it - just do not use it! Throw in the bed a sheet of thick plywood (or whatever will work for you) and use it as a ramp for your needs. Easy solving problem :)

WFrazier

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck preorder
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
oh man, I love how low that bed looks when the front is tipped up and the rear down.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Cybertruck could be compiling with the ADA, American Disability Act of accommodating the disabled.

Felix501

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order, 2004 Chevy 2500hd
Occupation
MSFT Cloud Engineer
Country flag
I just hope there is a way to wash out the inner tailgate. With any off road vehicle use that ramp storage space is going to turn to a swamp if there isn't a way to clean it out.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I thought the same thing when watching. No idea why it looks that way.

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I totally disagree. I don't have a dedicated ramp for my current pickup truck but there have been many times I wish I did. I generally improvise and make a suitable ramp using whatever I can find laying around. Don't let the steep angle fool you, it will still be super handy for moving things like refrigerators and other appliances with a dolly, motorcycles, scooters, electric bicycles, lawn mowers, pressure washers, pretty much anything with wheels.

If the ramp is too steep you can generally find a place to park that will make it less steep. I do this with my current truck when loading motorcycles, etc. that I simply couldn't do without uneven terrain to work in my favor and a wide ramp will make it even easier. The Cybertrucks adjustable suspension and wide ramp will be a gamechanger for loading difficult objects into the bed.
Ditto to the above; truck ramps on US pickups are not as handy as CT with built in ones. This is an IDea that's worth the truck price!

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
be awesome to hear from Tesla what the final vault dimensions and weight limits are!! This amazing tailgate eliminates the need for a ramp! sooo can’t wait for our Cybertruck

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My question is, what is the cover made out of? That grey flap that covers the ramp when the tailgate is in the upright position. Does not appear to be SS, i hope it's not plastic because that would break eventually or under a heavy load/use. Not to mention tire marks!
Sponsored