Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Exterior roll cage looks good. Someone posted a rendering of an off road package a week or so ago that was impressive.
Sponsored

Teslaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S P85
Occupation
Winemaker
Country flag
That's going to be given at least in the TriMotor. "Dual Charger" used to mean two 40 A chargers (hence the 80 A HPWC) and has not been available for some time. Right now it means two 24 A modules (in the US) for a total of 48 A or in parts of Europe where they have 3 phase in homes, 3 modules for 72 A. You used to be able (up to the end of 2018) to get a 3rd module for 72 A supportable by the single phase HPWC. The new Gen 3 single phase HPWC now supports a maximum of 48 A, i.e. enough to feed two modules. But these trucks are going to suck 500 Wh/mi (as opposed to 220 - 330 for the current cars) and 48 A implies only 23 mi/hour charging at that rate of consumption. I am guessing, therefore, that the TriMotors, with their 200 kWh or larger batteries, are going to have an option for a second charging port with a second 2 module charger i.e. 4 modules for a total of 96 A and 46 mi/hr charging rate. This assumes that they stick with the 24 A module architecture. You would need, of course, 2 HPWC to get this but I can see this as a pretty desirable arrangement for a two Tesla family. Charge both at a fairly reasonable rate or put it all into the CT. This notion, which is no more than that, popped into my head when I found out that the Semi has multiple ports. It's all speculation on my part but I'd be happy to have it were it offered.
Wonder why they discontinued two internal chargers? I add miles at up to 54mi/hr. Perhaps, the capacitor deal with Maxwell with have an effect on charge rates.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Wonder why they discontinued two internal chargers?
They didn't really. They just made them 24 A rather than 40 A which is what I assume the original ones were. I can only guess, of course, but I think it was probably done when they started selling in Europe. The "charger" is or was a casting with 3 slots in it. Put a module in 2 and you have 48 A capacity. Put in 3 (as they did in my X) and you have 72 A capacity. Put in three and you can connect to 3 phase mains for the European market. This lets them use the same part (module) throughout their portfolio. Rumor has it that that same module goes into the super charger cabinets (but again, that's rumor and may or may not be true today if it ever was). Manufacturers love it when they can have a common part that is useful in many products.

Perhaps, the capacitor deal with Maxwell with have an effect on charge rates.
No, capacitors won't change the basic charging configuration or rates. Home charging is going to be limited by what the home chargers can deliver which is 11.5 kW for 23 mi per hour. If you can connect two, as I hypothesize you might, you could get 46. That's pretty close to 54 even though the CT is considerably more power hungry than your current Tesla.

Even super capacitors have very little specific energy compared to batteries. Where they might be used is to provide bursts of energy for rapid acceleration or to absorb bursts of energy from decelleration (regenerative) greater than what can be handled by the current battery only system.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Oh
If the CT has an external speaker, why not have fun with it? We could make sound effects that are in sync with the throttle. You could make your CT sound like an Italian super car, a classic muscle car or even a Tron light cycle! How about a lion roaring when you hit the horn?!
OH man my imagination and your idea... how 'bout a horse being synced to what the car is doing..... "Clop Clop Clop.." when going slow through the parking lot, "Clippity clop" when going between 20-30mph through the NEIGHborhood, and all out thundering hooves when you reach 45.... OH and when in Horsie mode the Cyber will talk to you with Mr Ed's voice.... or Francis the talking Mule if you want to go country.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I' have only dreamed of this but...
If the Cyber is going to have an external speaker can we have an upgrade as to size/volume? So many times some goof comes rolling up to the redlight and I can feel his bass blasting so loud with my windows up, and his car is vibrating... Give me the electric juice to flip a switch and play "The Devil Came Down to Georgia" so loud his car will fall apart and I'll give you another thousand dollars TODAY! (You could pretend like we just want to have a premium sound system to provide music around the bonfire if you need a legit reason.)

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Oh

OH man my imagination and your idea... how 'bout a horse being synced to what the car is doing..... "Clop Clop Clop.." when going slow through the parking lot, "Clippity clop" when going between 20-30mph through the NEIGHborhood, and all out thundering hooves when you reach 45.... OH and when in Horsie mode the Cyber will talk to you with Mr Ed's voice.... or Francis the talking Mule if you want to go country.
We may only be able to use coconut shells to accommodate this.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
If the CT has an external speaker, why not have fun with it? We could make sound effects that are in sync with the throttle. You could make your CT sound like an Italian super car, a classic muscle car or even a Tron light cycle! How about a lion roaring when you hit the horn?!
Elon has hinted that drivers will have some control over what goes to the external speaker including use of the "Emissions Testing Mode" signals and one's own files. When the application is the pedestrian warning signal I am guessing that regulations will dictate what the allowable sounds are.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Paradox: What if an idiot is driving with the idiot seeking missiles? I for one, cannot purchase the option in fear my wife’s opinion may be correct when I describe how much I need this feature.

dempster

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model 3, 2021 Model Y, Cybertruck preoder
Country flag
Allow for the RWD and Dual motor versions to upgrade the battery to get more mileage out of it if wanted...
I could be wrong, but I believe the cost of the upgrade to the tri motor variant is heavily due to the batteries... and not so much the motors.

TCT 256004 3M

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
A flux capacitor, the required 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power needed to operate, or an onboard Mr Fusion energy reactor. Failing that a plug in for my laptop.
Sponsored