Is there a pick up style tesla truck coming out? What is this I see sometimes when I look up images?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
That’s what happens when a Tundra and Raptor make a baby pickup! Ram is claiming parental rights on the kid’s fenders alone. LOL

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
It was just someone's guess at what the cybertruck would look like before tesla gave any clues.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Maybe Tesla will buy Lordstown Motors? Their $2B market cap is a rounding error to Elon.
Had the same thought. They could use the factory space! Model 2 anyone?

ETA: Tesla certainly has experience with acquiring factory assets in this manner!

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Maybe Tesla will buy Lordstown Motors? .....
Had the same thought. They could use the factory space! Model 2 anyone?

ETA: Tesla certainly has experience with acquiring factory assets in this manner!
But the experience might have taught them to NOT convert old factories.

Last edited:

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
But the experience might have taught them to NOT convert old factorys.
I agree. Tesla is very quickly growing and they have already shown an interest in making giant factories. I think that when Tesla starts making the Model 2, they will need another giant factory. The demand for an even cheaper vehicle will probably exceed the demand that was seen for the Model 3, Model Y and Cybertruck. A model 2 would be a great cheaper car for company cars, people buying vehicles to use as a taxi or uber, people buying them in the future for robotaxi, first cars parents buy their kids, and of course people who just aren't able to afford a model 3 and don't want to take out a car loan.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I agree. Tesla is very quickly growing and they have already shown an interest in making giant factories. I think that when Tesla starts making the Model 2, they will need another giant factory. The demand for an even cheaper vehicle will probably exceed the demand that was seen for the Model 3, Model Y and Cybertruck. A model 2 would be a great cheaper car for company cars, people buying vehicles to use as a taxi or uber, people buying them in the future for robotaxi, first cars parents buy their kids, and of course people who just aren't able to afford a model 3 and don't want to take out a car loan.
Looking at Fremont from a satellite photo it is an absolute cluster. Lordstown doesn't look that bad. I would not doubt if the property was available Tesla would do some low level studies at the minimum. Same with Rivian?

It could be the avenue to the hearts and soul of middle America.
Sponsored