Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I've seen one post about 4 Cybertrucks and it wasn't from Musk. Also lets face it, there is no way there are 4 cybertrucks driving around without thousands of posts on twitter, instagram, and of course here.
With absolutely zero evidence whatsoever, I can't believe that there is only a SINGLE prototype at this time. Tesla is pretty far into the game now with potentially a few production model's by the end of the year (if you believe that) and they only have one drivable prototype? How can they get through all the safety requirements without building and destroying some by now? If that were to be true, my hopes of them releasing any CT anytime at all in 2021 is very diminished.

So my thoughts are yes its REAL and mostly because I want my CT by April and I refuse to be in denial about when I will get it. :cool: :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
With absolutely zero evidence whatsoever, I can't believe that there is only a SINGLE prototype at this time. Tesla is pretty far into the game now with potentially a few production model's by the end of the year (if you believe that) and they only have one drivable prototype? How can they get through all the safety requirements without building and destroying some by now? If that were to be true, my hopes of them releasing any CT anytime at all in 2021 is very diminished.

So my thoughts are yes its REAL and mostly because I want my CT by April and I refuse to be in denial about when I will get it. :cool: :ROFLMAO:
Oh the one in the picture looks very real. It doesn't look like CGI so it's either real or it's a very well made replica like ones we've seen on youtube.

I was commenting on the fact that I don't think there are 4 wandering around the country.

I also don't think that there is only one prototype at this point, I just think that they are behind closed doors and only been tested in private areas where people can't see them. Now when it comes to safety requirements, there are less than you might think before a vehicle goes into production. All of the testing of durability for the Cybertruck can be done pretty much behind closed doors. As for driving capabilities, It seems that the Model S Plaid will have the same drive units. Tesla wouldn't need to really test if a longer wheel base with bigger wheels and a bigger battery will work, it's pretty obvious it will work. Tesla also would have tons of people qualified to do a safety check on the vehicle like any normal garage. The only other thing I can think of is stuff like the crash test and similar tests which don't always happen right away, some cars never get crash tested. I have no doubt the Cybertruck will be crash tested and it will probably break....everything that hits it. But it will most likely begin production and deliveries before it's crash tested.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Oh the one in the picture looks very real. It doesn't look like CGI so it's either real or it's a very well made replica like ones we've seen on youtube.

I was commenting on the fact that I don't think there are 4 wandering around the country.

I also don't think that there is only one prototype at this point, I just think that they are behind closed doors and only been tested in private areas where people can't see them. Now when it comes to safety requirements, there are less than you might think before a vehicle goes into production. All of the testing of durability for the Cybertruck can be done pretty much behind closed doors. As for driving capabilities, It seems that the Model S Plaid will have the same drive units. Tesla wouldn't need to really test if a longer wheel base with bigger wheels and a bigger battery will work, it's pretty obvious it will work. Tesla also would have tons of people qualified to do a safety check on the vehicle like any normal garage. The only other thing I can think of is stuff like the crash test and similar tests which don't always happen right away, some cars never get crash tested. I have no doubt the Cybertruck will be crash tested and it will probably break....everything that hits it. But it will most likely begin production and deliveries before it's crash tested.
As far as official crash test ratings, those will have to wait until there's actual production models. But Tesla has their own indoor crash test facility. They do both computer aided simulation and actual crash tests.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Without having the 4680 cells, I was wondering what they used in lieu of the structural battery pack during the unveiling. Speaking of the battery pack, if the CT has an exoskeleton instead of a frame like a regular truck, wouldn't the fact that it ALSO has a structural battery pack AND two 8k ton press castings (that Tesla doesn't have the capability to make yet) mean that the CT will have one excellently hella stiff body?

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
Indeed, there are pictures of F-150 Lightning prototypes parked on house driveways, besides being on the road. Ford employees doing real world testing. Same with the Hummer, including running the trails around Moab.
If the formula is correct, I'm around #50k in the CT queue. Maybe, just maybe I could get a CT in 2022. If I don't bail out because my Lightning reservation comes up first.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Can’t help but notice the truck on the left. Looks like shot was included just enough to somewhat show a selfie with Cybertruck like kids goofing around ?with camera together and to also possibly throw an egg in the mix. Maybe a shout out to Musk as well here. I’m not really sure the significance, but is that a Chevy? Anyways, dare I say how beastly the front end and height seems to be? Truck looks like it’s has same tires as the CT in pic. I wonder. ?

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
Anyone else notice those elephant side mirrors? I'm wondering if all those CT that we have been seeing have been trucked around as they are currently not street legal... yet.. I'm still not convinced this picture is real dure to the two sets of shadows, color/saturation is off, and a few other factors.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The two sets of shadows seem to me like there is a light on the far side of the room that is casting a shadow from the car with the red cover on it. There seems to be lights on each side of the room which would explain the light shadow cast from the trust to the left of the picture and it would have a dark shadow under it. The red car also has a dark shadow under it.

The shadow under the Cybertruck has a bit of a point sticking out which would make sense due to how a thin portion of the tarp over it is hanging down in front of the Cybertruck but doesn't seem to be touching it.

Now about the mirrors...there are none. What you are seeing is the sleeve that the mirrors of a truck would slide in when that tarp is put over it. but those are just empty sleeves and clearly they don't have a Cybertruck specific cover yet.

It's still possible that this isn't an actual Cybertruck and could just be a replica like one of the ones we've seen people build

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
We have seen CT on city streets and in NY driving around. Plus, let’s not forget the OG of car collectors, Jay Leno who drove the CT in one of his episodes. Which by the way, was flipn bad ass! Love the part where Elon stood in the middle of tonneau cover. Wow. That’s strong. Anyways, to get to my point, I don’t think Tesla got a ticket for having no mirrors on the CT. Honestly, I feel laws holding this back will be changed and CT will have no “old fashioned” external side mirrors. My guess is the CT will use cameras for this on the outside and monitors to see from inside. I really believe there will be no mirrors. I also believe everyone knows this is a better option. Change is difficult for many people. But, I embrace change. While we on this subject, the yoke is a good indication of this as well. Btw, I love butterfly steering wheels and feel this “yoke wheel” is fantastic and I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER ELON!!!!
I want my Ct Elon
And I want it now?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The surrounding objects do not follow the same light source/shadow cast.

The CT and the clipped truck in the foreground are placed objects. Pixels and artifacts are not uniform throughout.

Call me skeptical.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Same location, without the cover, and a video. Word is it's a DIY fake. Change my mind.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
It doesn't have the custom tires and some of the body lines don't line up. Pretty cool though.

Deleted member 5322

Same location, without the cover, and a video. Word is it's a DIY fake. Change my mind.

From this point, I can tell it is a replica! In the original one A-pillar is not steel. Side wall of the tire is completely different. Headlight.....
Check out the pictures from Patteson Museum

Tesla Cybertruck One of the Cybertrucks is with Savage Garage viber_image_2021-06-19_11-13-21

Tesla Cybertruck One of the Cybertrucks is with Savage Garage viber_image_2021-06-19_11-13-22

Tesla Cybertruck One of the Cybertrucks is with Savage Garage viber_image_2021-06-19_11-13-211

Tesla Cybertruck One of the Cybertrucks is with Savage Garage viber_image_2021-06-19_11-13-221

Tesla Cybertruck One of the Cybertrucks is with Savage Garage viber_image_2021-06-19_11-13-21111