Lots of Cybertrucks for Sale - No One Worried?

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Nope. The contractual clause that all buyers have agreed to is enforceable, there is plenty of previous history informing us of that, it's just a matter of if and when Tesla decides to set an example.

People who deny that are simply trying to gin up controversy where none should exist. It's pretty basic contract law. Don't make contractual obligations you don't keep and you won't have a problem. Break the contract and you are at the mercy of hoping the court takes sympathy on you. Hint: Courts are legally obligated to uphold the law, not be sympathetic to pleadings trying to position this as a "restraint of trade" issue. Legally, that is a very different thing.
Are you playing lawyer again?

Where is(are) the Tesla test case actually filed?

Any case Tesla won?

As that infamous lawyer recently made: Jeez!
Then got a quick dressing down from the judge - including the lawyers who got him as witness.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Donald Siener

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Hey guys. I recently noticed there are hundreds of CT’s for sale. Facebook groups, CarGurus, AutoTrader, etc. Are people just choosing to ignore the resale clause since Tesla has not really pursued anyone publicly?

Just interesting to see so many knowingly break contractual terms and roll the dice. Curious what everyone’s thoughts are.

Pic for attention. She looked so good today after the rain, lol.

IMG_1304.jpeg

Donald Siener

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Hey guys. I recently noticed there are hundreds of CT’s for sale. Facebook groups, CarGurus, AutoTrader, etc. Are people just choosing to ignore the resale clause since Tesla has not really pursued anyone publicly?

Just interesting to see so many knowingly break contractual terms and roll the dice. Curious what everyone’s thoughts are.

Pic for attention. She looked so good today after the rain, lol.

IMG_1304.jpeg
I wonder what percentage of buyers and sellers are wondering what will be the value of their CT once FSD is solved.

PhilEsq

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered and two MB GLC
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
They are not selling either. Lots of them keep dropping in price. It doesn’t bother me though I went in fully expecting a stiff devaluation. I love the truck too much to care.
I expect the value to drop a lot when I sell in a few years. I don't care either. I just want it now. I reserved a second truck a year after the first. That will probably take 2-4 years. I'll get a nice tax deduction on it and replace it with the second one when it comes up.

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator, CT
Country flag
I expect the value to drop a lot when I sell in a few years. I don't care either. I just want it now. I reserved a second truck a year after the first. That will probably take 2-4 years. I'll get a nice tax deduction on it and replace it with the second one when it comes up.
Agreed...I expect it to drop real quick. It's the nature of the EVs. If anyone were looking for quick flip, then do it now.

For me this thing is a kick to drive. I will enjoy it for years to come. After 4 years I may trade it for what is next on Tesla's v2 CT (Hopefully better distance per charge)... I don't think I want to drive this thing out of warranty since I am a long way from a TSC.

But for now... this thing is fun. Rarely do you buy cars for investment. Very few go up in value. The CT's time in the sun now is purely a supply/demand thing.

PhilEsq

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered and two MB GLC
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Agreed...I expect it to drop real quick. It's the nature of the EVs. If anyone were looking for quick flip, then do it now.

For me this thing is a kick to drive. I will enjoy it for years to come. After 4 years I may trade it for what is next on Tesla's v2 CT (Hopefully better distance per charge)... I don't think I want to drive this thing out of warranty since I am a long way from a TSC.

But for now... this thing is fun. Rarely do you buy cars for investment. Very few go up in value. The CT's time in the sun now is purely a supply/demand thing.
Glad to hear it's fun. What makes a car worth a lot of money in the future is rarity and power. That means the Beast would be the one to get for power but it won't have rarity. I'm getting the dual motor since it's not an investment and I don't need that much speed.

I was wondering if I should keep my Mercedes GLC or sell it. Some people think I won't want to drive such a big truck all the time but I think I won't want to go back to my Mercedes. In fact I'm thinking of selling my Mercedes and my wife's Mercedes and getting a Model X for her.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
No one could end up in prison over this, could they?
It's a civil matter. Why would you even ask that?

The only way that could happen is if Tesla decided to enforce the clause, they got a judgement against you, you failed to pay, a court determined you will willfully ignoring the court order and sentenced you to jail time. It's a real convoluted path to go from breaking a contractual clause to ending up in jail.

Cyber_Skerple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's a civil matter. Why would you even ask that?

The only way that could happen is if Tesla decided to enforce the clause, they got a judgement against you, you failed to pay, a court determined you will willfully ignoring the court order and sentenced you to jail time. It's a real convoluted path to go from breaking a contractual clause to ending up in jail.
thanks, that's right of course. I'm just a worrier at times.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
OP
OP
jsquared

jsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
The issue with this 'prediction' is it assumes a linear depreciation curve, which most likely, is not an accurate representation of the metrics, especially as the number dips close to MSRP. We shall see though.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
With production much higher, reservations will continue to fill and convert but just like other expensive trucks out there, CTs will be selling used well under MSRP and new/almost new ones will stack up in time. There is a MUCH smaller pool of folks that will want and take a CT versus the other traditional trucks out there, and those are certainly backing up now, incentives galore this weekend, and overflow lots are full.

I think Tesla will be in a position of having to lower prices next year already, my take.

FSD can get as good as possible, even be solved 99%, and there is even a much much smaller pool of folks that care to buy due to it.
Sponsored