Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Musk dropped this tantalizing soundbite during a conference call following Tesla's Q3 2019 financial results yesterday, saying that there’s even more to the Tesla Cybertruck:
The product is better than people realize even. They don’t have enough information to realize the awesomeness of it. It’s just great.

Here's more from Musk about the Cybertruck from the earnings call:

Musk says that Tesla’s Cybertruck “… went viral. We tried to build a product that is [a] product superior in every way … from the standpoint of what’s the most badass [and] futuristic … like something that just came out of a movie set from the future and the amount [of interest] has been incredible. I have never actually seen such a level demand … we’ve never seen anything like it basically. I think we will make as many as we can sell for many years … it’s going to be pretty nuts … and I think actually the product is better than people realize even, they don’t have enough information to realize the awesomeness of it. It’s just great.”

“It’s hard to think of a similar product with such strong demand that it can generate more than $20 billion in revenue with zero advertising spend … [it] speaks to the nature of the product and the fact that the product [sells] itself [and] is compelling enough to generate that demand.”
How's that for making our wait for the Cybertruck even worse! :ROFLMAO: He didn't elaborate on what information has yet to be shared, but it may have to do with its batteries. On the same conference call, Musk said this about Tesla's Battery Day coming up in April --"It's gonna blow your mind. It blows my mind, and I know it!"

So don't be surprised if the Cybertruck's yet-to-be-revealed awesomeness is new batteries with lower cost and great energy density.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ratso

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75 Monte carlo, 74 K5 Blazer, 85 Chevy van, 89 Pontiac 6000, 2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2008 Chevy Silverado, and my last car will be Cybertruck tried motor.
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Liked!Will continue to wait...?

Ozze

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Musk dropped this tantalizing soundbite during a conference call following Tesla's Q3 2019 financial results yesterday, saying that there’s even more to the Tesla Cybertruck:

How's that for making our wait for the Cybertruck even worse! :ROFLMAO: He didn't elaborate on what information has yet to be shared, but it may have to do with its batteries. On the same conference call, Musk said this about Tesla's Battery Day coming up in April --"It's gonna blow your mind. It blows my mind, and I know it!"

So don't be surprised if the Cybertruck's yet-to-be-revealed awesomeness is new batteries with lower cost and great energy density.
Did Tesla get into the Mining Bissnes for or Yet?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Proof positive, with Elon Musk teasing secret information on the CT, he is a Bond Villain.

Not a flame thrower
Space exploration, moon, mars, missiles?
Underground tunneling
Covert installations around the globe, “Gigafactories”
Worldwide “communication” satellites
Controlling charging stations
Putting in ”power” walls and solar panels. (Monitoring towers and transforming AI soldiers)
Making us wait two plus years for the CT.

Justice must be served. Petitition Tesla to prove their innocence by delivering the CT in 2020!

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I think batteries are to easy of a reason to be excited. The batteries are going to be great however everyone thinks it will be batteries. There is a trick up Elon’s sleeve that will blow our minds.

OB-1

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri
Country flag
My imagination is in hyper-drive... self driving boat launch mode, self driving trailer hook-up, rock climbing mode with self leveling, baja mode, trailer hauling mode to maximize range...MAKE IT STOP!...new tire technology (self healing).

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
OK OK.... all of you want it and none of you have said it...and Elon already has gone through several iterations....
The big reveal will be SEX ROBOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The motors are 95% efficient. The maximum possible is 100%. The inverters are 92% efficient (I'm guessing at these numbers but the actuals aren't too much different). The maximum possible is 100%. In a thing shaped lile the CT they can't improve the drag coefficient by more than a few percent. Rolling/patch resistance is only a small part of the total energy demand and it can't be reduced dramatically anyway. Current battery specific energy in the 3 is around 200 Wh/kg. It's thought the limit for solid electrolyte Li ion batteries may be 500 Wh/kg. Hmmm. Where do we think there may be room for dramatic improvement in the CT? Elon knows some things we don't know, is excited about something and talks a lot about batteries. It is almost certain, IMO, that at Battery Day he will announce a substantial increase in specific energy accompanied by appreciable decrease in the cost of batteries to Tesla and my guess is that both these will be because Tesla will be making batteries themselves and will be using solid state electrolyte technologies from Maxwell.

Last edited:

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The motors are 95% efficient. The maximum possible is 100%. The inverters are 92% efficient (I'm bguessing at these numbers but the actuals aren't too much different). The maximum possible is 100%. In a thing shaped lile the CT they can't improve the drag coefficient by more than a few percent. Rolling/patch resistance is only a small part of the total energy demand and it can't be reduced dramatically anyway. Current battery specific energy in the 3 is around 200 Wh/kg. It's thought the limit for solid electrolyte Li ion batteries may be 500 Wh/kg. Hmmm. Where do we think there may be room for dramatic improvement in the CT? Elon knows some things we don't know, is excited about something and talks a lot about batteries. It is almost certain, IMO, that at Battery Day he will announce a substantial increase in specific energy accompanied by appreciable decrease in the cost of batteries to Tesla and my guess is that both these will be because Tesla will be making batteries themselves and will be using solid state electrolyte technologies from Maxwell.
If you are right I am going to go to tell my wife her name for the next five minutes is agdelange, and I am going to kiss "adjelange" square on the mouth.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
... if I am right and the reveal will be a sex robot I am going to not name it agdelange.