Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Nice work! It would be awesome if your design worked like an Aliner camper. Check out
I was thinking something along these lines would be ideal for the vault. Could probably DIY a lot of it myself with some 1/4" plywood. Might even be easier than fabric sides.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
OP
OP

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
I posted this sleeving topper in a new thread.
Tesla Cybertruck CT Aero-perfect insert camper CT Sleeving Tent tail 7' ext, 6' int July 22,2021

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Oh, there are going to be ALL sorts of purchasable shells, mods, and add-ons for the CT once it's released and industrious folks can get their tape measures all over it.

I would stick with a trailer to use the vault solar, personally. When I go camping, I like to hang out at my destination for a week+. That solar will stop vamp drain AND power my lights/water pump/etc. for the week.
I wonder if you could put solar on these shells to "replace" the solar on top of the vault. Even better, if you could do a DC to DC connection from the solar to the CT, and just use the 240V outlet in the vault to power the little camper shells.

Anyway, this is all moot if they don't do the vault solar! I would definitely buy one of these! Great ideas floating around.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Oh, there are going to be ALL sorts of purchasable shells, mods, and add-ons for the CT once it's released and industrious folks can get their tape measures all over it.

I would stick with a trailer to use the vault solar, personally. When I go camping, I like to hang out at my destination for a week+. That solar will stop vamp drain AND power my lights/water pump/etc. for the week.
I wonder if you could put solar on these shells to "replace" the solar on top of the vault. Even better, if you could do a DC to DC connection from the solar to the CT, and just use the 240V outlet in the vault to power the little camper shells.

Anyway, this is all moot if they don't do the vault solar! I would definitely buy one of these! Great ideas floating around.
So many unanswered questions I need answers for before I figure this puzzle out. Solar is definitely a thing for me, just a little worried about cost and delays.

I was just looking at some efficient trailers, but man they get pricey quick.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
So many unanswered questions I need answers for before I figure this puzzle out. Solar is definitely a thing for me, just a little worried about cost and delays.

I was just looking at some efficient trailers, but man they get pricey quick.
Ugh! I know! I love my Winnebago, but definitely not the most aerodynamic. Great price for the features though. I think any trailer being towed by 200kWh of battery capacity is going to be massively augmented though, so keep that in mind. I mean... think about it with low-ball estimates based on what we know. If we remove the "miles" component:
500 mile range, 200 kWh battery, 5-15 miles of charge/day from vault cover.
That's 200 kWh / 500 miles == .4 kWh/miles
.4 kWh/mile * 5>15 miles/day == 2>6 kWh/day

I CAN RUN ALL THE AC I WANT IN MY LITTLE WINNEBAGO, IN DEATH VALLEY! WOO!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ugh! I know! I love my Winnebago, but definitely not the most aerodynamic. Great price for the features though. I think any trailer being towed by 200kWh of battery capacity is going to be massively augmented though, so keep that in mind. I mean... think about it with low-ball estimates based on what we know. If we remove the "miles" component:
500 mile range, 200 kWh battery, 5-15 miles of charge/day from vault cover.
That's 200 kWh / 500 miles == .4 kWh/miles
.4 kWh/mile * 5>15 miles/day == 2>6 kWh/day

I CAN RUN ALL THE AC I WANT IN MY LITTLE WINNEBAGO, IN DEATH VALLEY! WOO!
I'll just stay out of Death Valley and drive a little further.

There are still a few green places left I'd like to visit.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Never fails to amaze me, a high percentage of truck owners WANT to sleep in their trucks.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Never fails to amaze me, a high percentage of truck owners WANT to sleep in their trucks.
I like doing things in often remote places. There are frequently no hotels. I don’t want to sleep in my truck. I want to ride a trail on the far side of Oregon or Washington.

Sleeping in my truck is what I do in order to enjoy that. Right up therewith being strong enough to climb hills on my bike or watching food intake.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I like doing things in often remote places. There are frequently no hotels. I don’t want to sleep in my truck. I want to ride a trail on the far side of Oregon or Washington.

Sleeping in my truck is what I do in order to enjoy that. Right up therewith being strong enough to climb hills on my bike or watching food intake.
I meant the comment as a positive. ?

OP
OP

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
And I took it as a positive! Who wouldn't want to sleep in palaces like these?

Tesla Cybertruck CT Aero-perfect insert camper CT Teardro

Tesla Cybertruck CT Aero-perfect insert camper PMCCV Top Up copy 2

Onadorinlooper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land rover
Occupation
Pest control
Country flag
This is not possible in any of the existing prototypes.

Someone suggested it to Musk and he said it was a good idea but it kind of seems unlikely.

We're just being optimistic. Likely setting ourselves up for disappointment.
Would it be possible to cut a hatch into the bulkhead maybe behind the middle rear seat?

the middle front seat folds down so maybe the rear ones do as well

for stealth camping you don’t want to have to open the vault to climb out as this gives the game away and you will probably have to move

CT is like a sci fi space ship all the films, tv shows and books where the crew come from their sleeping quarters and climb into the cockpit where the helm and computers and every happens

CT could be the ultimate stealth camper withmaterial like curtains to block the green house for privacy and to keep it cool in hot weather

I want to do a no build conversation so I can take everything out when I want to

just camp bed galley box and portaloo

be able to park anywhere with suspicion you are camping

this is why I think it would b useful to make a hatch in the bulkhead