JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
CT has childcare built in. Stick the kids in the back and get FSD to drive around the block until they sleep. Otherwise, keep it parked and let the air suspension rock whilst playing your Spotify lullaby playlist. Or for the older kids let them play AAA games on the screen. Comes with built in nanny cam which will have occupant monitoring, and its also bulletproof if thats the neighbourhood you call home. ?

If your kids need 24/7 care you aren't doing it right. The more kids you have the better they look after themselves. Entertaining kids is not the same as parenting them, and parenting doesn't stop when they are all grown up either, it just changes in dynamic. The more involved family, friends and neighbours you have the easier again. Not everything needs to be paid for with fiat. (There are exceptions for health reasons etc)

No point in calling someone or something parent, family, friend, neighbour etc if they are in fact not doing the things these people are expected to "normally" do. I for one would never give my kids/grandkids to someone I don't know, and have to "trust" them because I am paying them for it. Be they government endorsed, funded or qualified. Not everything can or should be amortised. I also don't see how this can be part of a "infrastructure bill". But thats just me.

As for setting long term target dates I think in this case its more of a restriction than a boost. Because what it is saying is they expect 60% or vehicles to remain ICE.

If there is demand, which there is, the biggest hurdle will be supply not the lack of government funds. And for supply you will have to come get it from us in WA. We already do over 50% of Australias exports with just 200k people involved in mining industry. So thats iron ore and nickel for SS, nickel, lithium, silicon etc for batteries and electronics. Every one is still expanding output too and we supply Asia, EU and US.

But don't expect the job numbers to grow, beyond those jobs needed for initial plant construction. Everything is hugely in bulk and mostly automated including our trains, dump trucks, loaders and dozers.

Just for example on trains: the primary reason these 2-3km long ore trains are automated is because of the train drivers union that keeps on throwing tantrums to get more pay upsetting really tight extraction, transport and ship loading capacities ans schedules that are ay max. And thats just a few hundred drivers in total they're trying to get rid of. The more that is automated and humans are out of the loop, the better it runs it seems, so don't hold your breath to see new jobs in EV's, definitely not much on the supply side. Because if the corporations can avoid it there won't be.
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Meanwhile, we have more water in the SouthEast than we know what to do with. Graveyards floating coffins. Granny keeps popping up unannounced.
:ROFLMAO:
isn't it weird when climate changes? Too bad no one predicted this....oh wait.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It changed well before we got here too.
You should have a look at the southern hemisphere jet stream atm and pole shift. Pretty epic.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes. The environment on Earth once didn't include enough oxygen to breath. And other times it was too hot or too cold for humans to live on the surface.

I don't think I want to trigger that sort of environmental change. So why are we?

-Crissa

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep, all the way back to Noah
I don't think I want to trigger that sort of environmental change. So why are we?
Can we trigger it? Or is the climate change a natural phenomenon?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yes. The environment on Earth once didn't include enough oxygen to breath. And other times it was too hot or too cold for humans to live on the surface.

-Crissa
Dunno why are you?

I know I'm not. ?

EM doesn't believe in man made forcing. Sustainable energy is his concern because fossils are finite.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
You should have a look at the southern hemisphere jet stream atm and pole shift. Pretty epic.
I'm not disagreeing that change is a natural cycle - this one is human in creation. the pole shift is cool but won't affect climate.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Yep, all the way back to Noah

Can we trigger it? Or is the climate change a natural phenomenon?
oh we can certainly trigger it..... reviewing the carbon cycle and its isotopes and historical ratios shows that this is a recent phenomenon that began with our industrialization.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
...Elon is spending all he can, and the economy is thousands of times larger than he could possibly spend. We still need more charging points than he can afford, more trains, more so many things to make our economy hum that he doesn't even touch, like support systems from water to child care.

-Crissa
my concern is that the grid we currently have may not be able to support the projected increase in BEV's......since I was a kid we have always had gas......if oil is a finite product, how much is left?.......electricity has to be wind driven, panel driven and sun driven....there may be more.....but I dont see how we can just turn off fossil fuel with nothing to replace it and the grid is in trouble.....even if the govt tried to build 500k chargers, how is it going to be supported....

I am no economist but from what I see I jus dont know how we can get to all electric by 2030......and I am not sure how jobs will increase.....the automotive unions are very strong....their influence is really a driving (no pun intended) force as to what the Big 2.5 or 3 produce.....its just all to confusing to me

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'm not disagreeing that change is a natural cycle - this one is human in creation. the pole shift is cool but won't affect climate.
I'd fact check that claim that pole shift doesn't effect climate. Jet streams too.

While you're at it look up how much water cycle and airbourne vapour plays a role in temperature control, or global dimming from particulate emissions. Say thanks to covid for shutting down flights and high altitude particle emissions that have been reflecting more sunlight back into space to keep us cool. Our impact is more than just carbon dioxide. Google is your friend.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I'd fact check that claim that pole shift doesn't effect climate. Jet streams too.

While you're at it look up how much water cycle and airbourne vapour plays a role in temperature control, or global dimming from particulate emissions. Say thanks to covid for shutting down flights and high altitude particle emissions that have been reflecting more sunlight back into space to keep us cool. Our impact is more than just carbon dioxide. Google is your friend.
jet systems for sure....pole shifts are magnetic.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
jet systems for sure....pole shifts are magnetic.

yes less air travel is great....but c02 emissions created more water vapor.... which added to the effect..... so that's why less c02 emissions are a good idea.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
yes less air travel is great....but c02 emissions created more water vapor.... which added to the effect..... so that's why less c02 emissions are a good idea.
Um thats not what I wrote. Less airline particle emissions makes the planet "warm" faster, not slower. Aerosols or "Particle" emissions are not the same as carbon dioxide "gas" emissions. Aerosols have the same combined cooling effect on climate forcing as CO2 has a warming effect. Hense if you remove aerosols (which causes global diming because it increases earth albedo aka "reflectiveness") you will increase global forcing from CO2.

As for the other things google them as I don't want to go off topic in this thread.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Um thats not what I wrote. Less airline particle emissions makes the planet "warm" faster, not slower. Aerosols or "Particle" emissions are not the same as carbon dioxide "gas" emissions. Aerosols have the same combined cooling effect on climate forcing as CO2 has a warming effect. Hense if you remove aerosols (which causes global diming because it increases earth albedo aka "reflectiveness") you will increase global forcing from CO2.

As for the other things google them as I don't want to go off topic in this thread.
my plane comment was regarding plane co2 output.
Sponsored