Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
This means that the launch party is officially over.

The Latest RN’s will be ordering after the launch ended. The number of Cybertruck orders ahead of these Jonny come lately’s (1M+) are so many years out that both cost and configuration are indeterminable even by specification. So its “Take a number”…
Removed? What no sense of humor?

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
I'm in the category of having a reservation confirmation email that shows I reserved with full self driving; but on my Tesla account Full Self-Driving no longer shows. That said, I placed my reservation on 9/21/2021 and I think most of the people that are saying Full Self-Driving still appears on their account reserved significantly earlier than that.

I'm wondering if there was a cut-off date or reservation # that was selected as a deadline by which someone needed to reserve to have the originally listed pricing honored and if everyone no longer seeing it on their account are in greater jeopardy of a price increase.

I think I placed my reservation about 3 months before you. My page shows tri motor and full self driving on it.

Max Weber

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Toyota Highlander
Country flag
Oh boy, I was hesitant to mention this because of how many people will freak out. I was surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

It's way too early for anyone to make anything more than what it is but at the same time we are grabbing at each and every breadcrumb of news and with the vast amount of time we spend obsessing over this beautiful truck we let our imaginations run wild.

Screenshot (23)_LI.jpg
For me the 500+ range was one of the biggest reasons for getting the CT. Sub-500 would be a deal breaker. I'll play with my tri motor for a little bit then sell it to someone else and wait for a better EV to come along. I actually like the hummer way better, but the range is insufficient for my usage.

irazmo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The only "locked in" price was the FSD.
and
Hope is still the only locked in emotion.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
What does this mean?!!! It means Jack and Sh!7 and Jack left town. It means I'll be pumping diesel into my work truck until my number comes up. The five stages of ordering a CT are - Denial, isolation, anger, bargaining, depression, and finally, acceptance of my Cybertruck.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Adding a Plaid model to the mix!

With the debut of the all electric glass roof Silverado pickup debut on January 5th, 2022, I predict the CT production reveal will occur after that.
the CGI Silverado in '22?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Expect at a minimum a price $10k increase. And I don't think pre-orders are locked in. Inflation is simply too bad now.
Nah 10k won't happen..... car prices haven't and the truck is easier to build.

Joshthemann3

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Honda HR-V
Occupation
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Country flag
I did the same. Dual Motor FSD @ 77 K then a Single Motor FSD at # 675,000 in the que. This way I should have a early Gen and second or third generation CT.
How do you know where your preorder falls in the que #? I’d love to know where my dual motor FSD falls! Thanks

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3...And one day my Cyber Truck!!!!!!!
Occupation
SVP
Country flag
Actually, I think this means the price has increased. Seeing how everything is shooting up in price, they may change the price for all orders after this. But not ours, these are set in stone.
Right??
I think you nailed it on head. I hope that they don't increase our pricing but I'm sure they've got something buried in the T&C's indicating they have the right to...

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Please keep in mind that "real life" range will be roughy 15% lower on a Tesla. For example, if the Tri Motor has a 500 mile posted range owners will see roughly 425 miles on a full charge. I can vouch for this after owning a Dual Motor Model Y for 6-months.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
How do you know where your preorder falls in the que #? I’d love to know where my dual motor FSD falls! Thanks
If you ordered in the first 24 hours, likely early to mid 2023.
If you ordered on the first weekend, likely mid-late 2023.
If you ordered on the first month, likely late 2023-early 2024.
If you ordered on the first three months, likely sometime in 2024.
If you ordered on the first year, likely sometime in 2025.

Otherwise… good luck.

Assumes production starts November-December 2022… if it starts later or early adjust dates as appropriate.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Please keep in mind that "real life" range will be roughy 15% lower on a Tesla. For example, if the Tri Motor has a 500 posted range owners will see roughly 425 miles on a full charge. I can vouch for this after owning a Dual Motor Model Y for 6-months.
Also, if you are doing a road trip you usually don’t want to charge above 80% charge because it takes too damned long to charge and isn’t good for nickel based batteries (it’s ok for LFP).

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
the CGI Silverado in '22?
I will give GM credit as the BEV Silverado will be built on a new dedicated 100% electric platform. Ford took the cheaper approach and modified the existing F-150 platform until an all new F-150 Lightning debuts in 2025.
Sponsored