Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightng Lariat ER, 2014 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What's your point?
Sorry my point of the date and number is when I made the reservation I picked Dual motor AWD with FSD. Since last week they have removed FSD from my reservation.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Sorry my point of the date and number is when I made the reservation I picked Dual motor AWD with FSD. Since last week they have removed FSD from my reservation.
Interesting... I reserved mine on the night of the reveal, November 21st 2019. And it still shows.. i'll keep an eye on it.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Is Build-to-Order(BTO) wanted?

Select Range 250,400,500
Select Battery LFP,NMC,
Select 18650,2170,4680
Select AWD
Add Tri-motor
I doubt they would ever have this type of selections...
BUT, we do know lower range vehicles will be getting LFP's in the future.. so I think if the smallest pack cybertruck could inch out 250 miles with a dual motor set up that I believe is still more efficient than the single motor.. i'll bet it could utilize the LFP pack.. which is cool because as musk stated it actually likes being charged to 100%. So you would end up with 225 miles of usable range if you dont go below 10%.. versus 200 with the current battery chem..

Man i need to stop speculating.. im getting myself excited for what is probably nothing.

Also.. im harkening back to something Elon said post cybertruck reveal.. When he stated 244 miles for the Model Y wasnt good enough.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightng Lariat ER, 2014 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting... I reserved mine on the night of the reveal, November 21st 2019. And it still shows.. i'll keep an eye on it.
I did a re-read on my agreement document they emailed me:
"The pre-order price of the Vehicle will be confirmed in your Vehicle Configuration and Final Price Sheet. As you may have only configured part of your Vehicle, any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change. Any pre-order price listed in the Vehicle Configuration will not include taxes and official or government fees, which could amount to up to 10% or more of the Vehicle pre-order price."
So looks like they can add, remove and charge what ever they want. ?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I did a re-read on my agreement document they emailed me:
"The pre-order price of the Vehicle will be confirmed in your Vehicle Configuration and Final Price Sheet. As you may have only configured part of your Vehicle, any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change. Any pre-order price listed in the Vehicle Configuration will not include taxes and official or government fees, which could amount to up to 10% or more of the Vehicle pre-order price."
So looks like they can add, remove and charge what ever they want. ?
Yes, yes they can

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My biggest hope actually is that they will offer the 250mile range truck with dual motors. That would be the one I would get. It leaves them making less batteries to, which we all know is the supply constraint. Probably could even make this truck with the LFP batteries, which I would love even more!
dual motor with only 250 mile range I dont think will be a winner.......my M3 gets close to 300 and my MS gets close to 390.....

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
dual motor with only 250 mile range I dont think will be a winner.......my M3 gets close to 300 and my MS gets close to 390.....
Im speaking for myself.. I dont even need over 200miles of range except for that 1-2 times a year roadtrip... Hell.. my PHEV has 16 miles of range.. I only charge at work and it covers my commute without issue.

Besides.. the 300 mile range dual motor will have 244 miles usable range really (10%-90%)... so a 250 LFP would be almost as good at like 225 (10%-100%)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Is Build-to-Order(BTO) wanted?

Select Range 250,400,500
Select Battery LFP,NMC,
Select 18650,2170,4680
Select AWD
Add Tri-motor
This is not the sort of manufacturing Tesla does.

Tesla makes cars in batches. Loads them up onto cars and ships them.

Batch 1: 10,000 tri motor trucks, black interior, off-road tires.
Batch 2: 10,000 tri motor trucks, black interior, highway tires, solar
Batch 3: 10,000 dual motor trucks, black interior, highway tires, solar
Batch 4: 10,000 dual motor trucks, black interior, off-road tires, solar

Just as an example, right now they just started pumping out the Model X and are contacting early reservation holders and telling them if they want their truck soon they should switch to the 6 seat configuration.

If you want pick-sheet, line item manufacturing you gotta go with Ford or maybe Rivian.

StanW

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Actually, I think this means the price has increased. Seeing how everything is shooting up in price, they may change the price for all orders after this. But not ours, these are set in stone.
Right??
Expect at a minimum a price $10k increase. And I don't think pre-orders are locked in. Inflation is simply too bad now.

Sandybayes1

First Name
Sandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think this is a positive sign that they are gearing up to show off the updated version of the cybertruck... which almost certainly means new pricing and specs. I mean heck... 2021 is almost over.. Production was originally supposed to be starting... might as well show us something.. please ??
I think they will change the pricing since they left that open on the order sheet but I hope by not too much since I've been saving hard for it! I'm with you in hoping to see something soon!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Expect at a minimum a price $10k increase. And I don't think pre-orders are locked in. Inflation is simply too bad now.
Makes no sense.

They haven’t raised the price of any of their other cars by that much. Model Y which is the same price as Dual Motor CT was bumped by $5k over that same time.

And that’s assuming they are willing to pull the rug out from pre-order customers, something they’ve never done before.

Nidavellir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
At this point I would really like for Tesla to trim the fat. Show us the final design and then ask for $2500 or $3000 to maintain your reservation. This would give a much better estimate of the actual pre-orders.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
At this point I would really like for Tesla to trim the fat. Show us the final design and then ask for $2500 or $3000 to maintain your reservation. This would give a much better estimate of the actual pre-orders.
I doubt will start taking proper deposits until they are in a position to give us a full spec sheet with proper ranges, configurable options, etc. Plus a reasonable expectation of ship dates. We’re at least months away from the $2500 deposit and config sheet.
Sponsored