Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Pickup
Occupation
Construction / Remodeling
Country flag
Big problem in rural areas are rats that chew through automotive wiring harnesses which can cause thousands of dollars in repairs. I've already seen a Youtube video where a Tesla 3's electrical system was destroyed by a rat. The new Cybertruck is going to be used by people that live in rural areas and farm land. I really hope there's some thought that goes into this issue being that the Cybertruck is all electric
Sponsored

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Big problem in rural areas are rats that chew through automotive wiring harnesses which can cause thousands of dollars in repairs. I've already seen a Youtube video where a Tesla 3's electrical system was destroyed by a rat. The new Cybertruck is going to be used by people that live in rural areas and farm land. I really hope there's some thought that goes into this issue being that the Cybertruck is all electric
Just my opinion (out here where mice chew wires) is that it won't be nearly the issue it is with ICE vehicles. Mice/rats like to make nests in the warm protected engine compartment. And that is mostly where the wires are they chew on.

No engine compartment on a Tesla. :)

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Both good points. I still think this deserves a little consideration from Tesla.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I agree rats can be a problem for any vehicle. What do the legacy auto makers do about the rat issues? The skateboard platform is already better than an ICE vehicle for keeping the rodents out, not perfect though. I am not sure about the exoskeleton for keeping them out and if they do get into it how hard will it be to get them out? When we charge the battery there is heat generation, when we drive we create heat and it will take time to dissipate. This is what attracts rodents to vehicles, as well as being out of the elements and protection from predators. I hope the CT is very tightly built, maybe have spray in foam or other insulation in the exoskeleton for noise dampening and keep the rodents out. If you have rat problems, prevention and control is really important for many reasons.

Jose mario

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
I’m sure there will be a cybercat including

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Hmmm. Cyber kitty. Kriterbitch license plate starting to make sense now.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I've seen richrebuilds work on Teslas with rodent damage and it seems to focus more on filter housings. He had a model X with a completely munched HEPA filter since there was a nest inside of it.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
"That cat looks like it eats rats for breakfast. " He's a rescue Bengal........even though he's been neutered he is a rat killing machine. Last winter when the mice found a way into the kitchen he nailed two in one day. He don't eat them but he'll bring them to you for approval.

svanderlaan

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 1500, bmw 328d
Occupation
realtor
Country flag
Sentry mode can detect and prevent rats with a small plug in rat warning system.

carpedatum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, R1200RT, 4285 Express
Country flag

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Electric wiring fences and rat traps...

Svenssons

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X P90D Signature
Country flag
My Model X came just back from Service Center after a rat attack... These rats liked the coolant in the car.

Tesla Cybertruck Wire Eating Rats MicrosoftTeams-image (4)
Sponsored