Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-ordered Cybertruck 3-motor
Occupation
Research
Country flag
One of the things I’m really looking forward to in my CT is hunting Elk on southern Montana public lands. My dad’s truck (Nissan Frontier) was modified to disable all lights (interior, headlights, brake lights, blinkers, ect, with the flip of a couple of switches. Has anyone given any thought as to what a “Hunting Mode” might do? It would be great if all lights could be disabled from the control screen, and the screen itself dimmed, once you were off road.
Any hunters have any other suggestions?
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It sounds like you are a responsible guy….

I mountain bike in areas with hunters and the things they do while holding loaded guns is downright insane. We would be climbing up a road and a guy would be driving down a bumpy forest road with a loaded weapon (likely with safety off) sticking out the window.

Whatever “Hunting Mode” might look like, it should not work while the truck is moving.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So maybe something like this?

OP
OP

m_jorge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-ordered Cybertruck 3-motor
Occupation
Research
Country flag
It sounds like you are a responsible guy….

I mountain bike in areas with hunters and the things they do while holding loaded guns is downright insane. We would be climbing up a road and a guy would be driving down a bumpy forest road with a loaded weapon (likely with safety off) sticking out the window.

Whatever “Hunting Mode” might look like, it should not work while the truck is moving.
I have never seen a mtn bike on any of the trails we hunt on, but then most folk don't bike when it's below zero or 10 inches deep in snow.

The whole reason for disabling the lights is so you don't alert the elk with lights when you are getting to your hunting spot at o'dark-thirty.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have never seen a mtn bike on any of the trails we hunt on, but then most folk don't bike when it's below zero or 10 inches deep in snow.

The whole reason for disabling the lights is so you don't alert the elk with lights when you are getting to your hunting spot at o'dark-thirty.
Where I live, both here in Oregon and previously in California, “hunting season” means hundreds of idiots driving around on the few forest roads closest to town looking out the window trying to find Bambi without getting their toes cold.

As I said… not meant to disparage you, just my local experience with hunters is not super impressive.

Seems to me there are Hunters who actually go out in the back of beyond and kill things. And “Hunters”—idiots who just want an excuse to drink beer and drive around in the woods shooting their guns randomly from the side of the road.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My spouse has lots of stories like that, Ogre. Of course, the one time she went along she only had her black powder rifle so she got up in a tree, got her buck in one shot, and then had to wait for her buddies to chase down theirs.

Needless to say, she wasn't invited back.

I don't know how she does it, but she's the same on fishing trips. She'll get her limit first and then help everyone else. She didn't even do salmon or charter fishing before I met her!

-Crissa

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
So maybe something like this?

I wouldn't be surprised if NOD is an option from Tesla knowing Elon. However I thought it would be cool if there was an auxiliary input to the screen that we could get even more creative with our own custom inputs or feeds....... maybe thermal? :p
Yes I realize not necessary, but I feel like having options that are unnecessary or overkill kinda fit the persona of the Cybertruck.

~paraphrasing below~
Jay Leno asking Elon: "But why make it bullet proof...?"
Elon asking Jay Leno: "Do you want your cybertruck to be bulletproof or not?"
Jay: " Yea, I guess I do want my cybertruck to be bullet proof!".

The attitude of: If we can make it happen, screw it, sure why not!
That appeals to me.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
... to disable all lights (interior, headlights, brake lights, blinkers, ect, with the flip of a couple of switches. ... It would be great if all lights could be disabled from the control screen, and the screen itself dimmed, once you were off road.
The CT is bullet proof, so don't worry if somebody takes you for an elk

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The CT is bullet proof, so don't worry if somebody takes you for an elk
Bulletproof to a 308 from a deer hunting rifle?

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
How about an automated gun mount integrated into the Tesla control screen? You could shoot road signs without the bother of rolling down the windows.

And those Tesla patented drones could scout for critters.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Did not mean to step on this thread with talk about drunk hunting.
Sponsored