Would you attend a 'Cybertruck Adventure Rally' in summer of 2022?

How interested in attending Cybertruck Adventure Rally in Summer of 2022 (Probably in Colorado)?

• Where do I reserve? I'll be there!

• Would love to go depending on budget and vacation days

• Strong Maybe

• Love to, but probably can't swing it.

• Nah, not my thing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I've been kicking around the idea of organizing a Cybertruck Adventure Rally sometime in the Summer of 2022, probably in Colorado. It would be open to any reservation holder (or owner!) who had an adventure capable vehicle. This means anything from stock 4x4 SUV's and Trucks to those of us who have more purpose built off road rigs. Probably just a long weekend with groups broken up by driver and vehicle ability for the actual riding. The rally would serve two purposes:

1. Let us who don't have our Cybertrucks look at (and maybe ride in) fellow Cybertruck owner vehicles

2. Go have some fun out on the trails and see (and film and share) what the Cybertrucks can actually do. I know that I would much rather test my Cybertruck on the trails with a group than on my own, and I'm guessing new owners will feel the same.

[Update 3/13]

Ok, well based on these results I'm going to say it's on, and will happen in Colorado sometime in the summer of 2022, exact details TBD. Hopefully at least one attendee will have their truck by then, but if not, we'll consider it a warm up event for 2023.

If you're interested in helping me plan it, send me message here or drop me an email @ [email protected]. Same holds for if you'd be willing to help me scout out the location and trail choices. I'll probably plan on taking a trip out there next year to work on that.

I will start a separate thread on the forum once we start to fill-in the details a bit.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
cybertrucktruckguy

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Lots of good trails North of Silverton, come check them out.
Oh Man, I spent three days out there riding my bike (Honda CRF1000 'Africa Twin') this last summer on the Colorado Back Country Discovery Route. There's some amazing routes out there.

That area would definitely be on my short places list.

OP
OP
cybertrucktruckguy

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If cybertruck is like the model y some of us will already have CT by then. If I can roll in CT I might come.
I sure hope so. That's the purpose of waiting until 2022.

OP
OP
cybertrucktruckguy

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Ok. Well this is an optimistic start!

parapyropig

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
Ouray, Colorado has a Toyota FJ & truck summit every year - it sold out in ~1 second this past weekend. I’ve been three times.

The tails there are spectacular!!!

“Tesla Cybertruck Summit” - you wouldn’t be able to keep me away.

OP
OP
cybertrucktruckguy

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Ouray, Colorado has a Toyota FJ & truck summit every year - it sold out in ~1 second this past weekend. I’ve been three times.

The tails there are spectacular!!!

“Tesla Cybertruck Summit” - you wouldn’t be able to keep me away.
Yeah, that whole Ouray-Silverton area is chock full of great trails. My only concern out there is the traffic jams with Side-by-Sides and I have a little bit of a concern about the long wheelbase of the Cybertruck on some of those switchbacks making the corners though I do think the high clearance will give you more flexibility on them. I'm really hoping that tesla works out an ability for at least the back tires to independently counter-rotate (a little like the Rivian tank turn) since that would allow you to start wide but swing the front end around on them. We'd also need to host the rally at a site with electric hookups so we could juice up every night since I'm betting the supercharger infrastructure out there is a little meager. I've only ridden those trails on a motorcycle but I did see a handful of pickup trucks out there so it's probably just about making the right choices on the trails.

parapyropig

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
I’ve seen them take full-sized Chevy mountain tour trucks, F150s and Tundras on those trails; Cybertrucks would fit.

There are superchargers planned to be built in both nearby Montrose and Telluride.

There are at least three different campgrounds in the Ouray area with beaucoup 30-60 Amp hookups, as well.

* Record number of edits: I can’t type tonight

Last edited:

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
I’m sure there is one question that will have to be answered no matter the location, just how many Super Chargers are available? I know of one in Silverton but there could be more.

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
I’ve seen them take full-sized Chevy mountain tour trucks, F150s and Tundras on those trails; Cybertrucks would fit.

There are superchargers planned to be built in both nearby Montrose and Telluride.

There are at least three different campgrounds in the Ouray area with beaucoup 30-60 Amp hookups, as well.

* Record number of edits: I can’t type tonight
I should have read your post before I posted. At least there is a couple of us concerned about charging location??
Sponsored