Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Will this be posted on Youtube? I am interested on whether there will be another delay considering multiple Tesla Models now are delayed to next year for delivery.
There's always Youtube channels with live coverage of Tesla events like this.

One warning in advance. They quite often start late of the announced time. It can get frustrating waiting around for them to begin with no explanation or apology, once they finally do start.

As for multiple Tesla Models being delayed for delivery, comment. Are you talking about the backlog for deliveries? That's just showing you what a great vehicle Tesla is already producing. Tesla is ramping up production as quickly as they can.
Sponsored

Todd D

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M760, Lexus GX470-GXOR, Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Investments
Country flag
13 days to go…

Tesla Earnings call set for Wednesday, January 26th at 2:30PM Pacific/4:30PM Central/5:30PM Eastern Time.

FE6476B7-89B0-47FA-8B51-0CACEF53C28A.jpeg
AAAAAHHHHHH, can I change my order to Quad motor CAMO and not loose my place in line!!!!???

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There's always Youtube channels with live coverage of Tesla events like this.

One warning in advance. They quite often start late of the announced time. It can get frustrating waiting around for them to begin with no explanation or apology, once they finally do start.

As for multiple Tesla Models being delayed for delivery, comment. Are you talking about the backlog for deliveries? That's just showing you what a great vehicle Tesla is already producing. Tesla is ramping up production as quickly as they can.
ALWAYS start late in my limited experience.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am curious on everyone's expectations on the update.

Will it be...

Elon just making some comments and updates on timelines?
A full on presentation with slide decks and a little production value?

Will they discuss...

Cybertruck configurations in detail?
New MY 4680 strategy?
Roadster update?
25k model?
Semi update?

I had my hopes set for something like 1/2 hour or hour long presentation, but my fear is it will be 5-10 minutes of "about Q1 of 2023" and more details to come. What is everyone else expecting?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

Will it be...

Will they discuss...

New MY 4680 strategy?
Roadster update?
25k model?
Semi update?

I had my hopes set for something like 1/2 hour or hour long presentation, but my fear is it will be 5-10 minutes of "about Q1 of 2023" and more details to come. What is everyone else expecting?
I'm expecting reports of a record year of big profits.... the rest I can only guess. fingers crossed Q3 '22 CT production with ramp to full speed ahead in Q1 '23.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag

Will it be...

Will they discuss...

New MY 4680 strategy?
Roadster update?
25k model?
Semi update?

This is my realist's guess. Not what I want, but on the pessimist side of what I think will actually happen.

I think we're going to get a model y / structural battery update. I fear, perhaps incorrectly, that the new battery pack will be used to justify continued price increases on the MY. Perhaps Fremont will continue to make ~50k MYs that are 2180 and not megacasted, and Austin will make $60k+ MYs with megacasts and 4680s? I can't think of another way for them to not update Fremont.

CT rumors will be true, and production is pushed back because chips and battery constraint. And I think we will get a non-confirmation from Elon that it is a profitability driven decision, because their margin on MY is significantly greater than what it will be on CT.

I think we will get similar comments regarding semi, that is functioning but not in production due to battery and chip constraints.

I think we will not get anything on the roadster, nor 25K model, or the Chinese designed "M2", or Cybervan. They usually do those at events, not at investor calls.

I think we might get some commentary on model 3 future in terms of megacasts, but that is a wild ass guess.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is my realist's guess. Not what I want, but on the pessimist side of what I think will actually happen.

I think we're going to get a model y / structural battery update. I fear, perhaps incorrectly, that the new battery pack will be used to justify continued price increases on the MY. Perhaps Fremont will continue to make ~50k MYs that are 2180 and not megacasted, and Austin will make $60k+ MYs with megacasts and 4680s? I can't think of another way for them to not update Fremont.

CT rumors will be true, and production is pushed back because chips and battery constraint. And I think we will get a non-confirmation from Elon that it is a profitability driven decision, because their margin on MY is significantly greater than what it will be on CT.

I think we will get similar comments regarding semi, that is functioning but not in production due to battery and chip constraints.

I think we will not get anything on the roadster, nor 25K model, or the Chinese designed "M2", or Cybervan. They usually do those at events, not at investor calls.

I think we might get some commentary on model 3 future in terms of megacasts, but that is a wild ass guess.
Do you think pricing for Cybertruck will be announced?

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Do you think pricing for Cybertruck will be announced?
I'm honestly not sure. I think we will either not get pricing at all, get a single throwaway line like " due to the market cyber truck pricing is being revised and will have a new floor of $50,000", or if we are going to get a full pricing update I think we would also have to get a full product update. I honestly don't think we are going to get a full product update, I think we are going to get nothing but confirmation of a delay.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I honestly don't think we are going to get a full product update, I think we are going to get nothing but confirmation of a delay.
I agree. Little to no news coming on the 26th. Outside of the reveal and "battery day" it's been pretty dry for 2+ years and I don't expect that to change.

The announcement of no door handles was fun for about a day; the HW 4 announcement was interesting; and then quad motor surprise was a pretty big moment of generally accepted good news, but it honestly led to more questions then answers that we've gotten 0 clarity on.

Some solidified facts straight from the source regarding production timelines would be awesome, but I don't think they owe us that and I don't think much will be said, because I'm not sure they know the answers yet. The factory build seems to be going great, but they don't have a complete factory yet, so how can they give an accurate timeline?

I'm sure they could tell us what they are planning for pricing, along with more info on actual changes they have made to the specs since the reveal along with more info on how the 4680 battery production and testing is going. But I don't think they will.

I predict nothing more then an announcement stating again the CT4 will be first off the line; betas testing with 4680 cells will begin the 3rd qtr 22' and limited production will begin for customers the first half of 23'.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I expect us to get a vague timeline, maybe a model list.

Why does everyone expect the price to increase? Tesla never releases price increases on the earnings calls.

There's usually no visual component to earnings calls. That's more an investor day thing.

-Crissa

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag

Why does everyone expect the price to increase? Tesla never releases price increases on the earnings calls.

There's usually no visual component to earnings calls. That's more an investor day thing.

-Crissa
I don't think we'll get a pricing update on this call, but I think we will eventually and I think it will increase. I think the $39,000 CT will become like the $35,000 M3 - maybe technically available off book, and not for a long time, and only for a few months at that.

I think we're probably going to see something along the lines of 140kWh battery pack. Even if they have managed to hit the magical $100/kWh with this new structural pack, we're talking about a $14,000 battery pack alone.

I know the composite isn't known, but if we're ballparking materials 304L in 11ga (~3mm) is $2,600 per 5x10. If we need at least three of those to produce one cybertruck, we are say another $7,500 in exoskeleton material costs.

Now I have no idea how much everything else in that vehicle costs, but battery and exoskeleton alone is likely to be north of $20,000. I don't see how they can turn that into a functioning truck and even break-even for just another 19,000.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

-Crissa
All other historical references make me pessimistic and I think more of a typical earnings call with a few brief updates. What COULD make this different is the "product roadmap update" tweet (a MAP is something visual)... but the fact the Elon chose the earnings call as the format.... back to pessimistic on how much will be announced... sigh.

All the waiting turns me into a crazy person talking to myself in circles. That then leads me here, to post to those who can also talk in circles with no new information o_O:LOL:
Sponsored