Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
To clarify 2 points I made previously:

1) There were 3 CTs at the event. The OG CT was there but didn't make an official appearance
2) The pair of bars at the front and rear of one of the CTs was used to move it around as it is not fully operational.

Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Tyre diameter will help with longer mileage because of the extra tread length per rotation. So you might have more tyre to buy at once but they will also last longer.
Sure tire diameter adds tread length, but EVs eat tires faster than ice, and it's a beast that can go from 0-60 in 3s. Lack of impulse control means I won't be able to control myself at every light. Hence new tires 2-3x faster than normal!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
To clarify 2 points I made previously:

1) There were 3 CTs at the event. The OG CT was there but didn't make an official appearance
2) The pair of bars at the front and rear of one of the CTs was used to move it around as it is not fully operational.

Where you there then?

I figured as much that there were 3 CTs there including the original non-wiper prototype.

Did any of them have a curved windscreen or were they all flat?

If the one with the frame extensions was not operable then I assume the one they drove on stage had a way to de-activate the 4WS. Unless there was another one somewhere else, from the videos I saw? Just trying to get my head around how many exist.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Where you there then?

I figured as much that there were 3 CTs there including the original non-wiper prototype.

Did any of them have a curved windscreen or were they all flat?

If the one with the frame extensions was not operable then I assume the one they drove on stage had a way to de-activate the 4WS. Unless there was another one somewhere else, from the videos I saw? Just trying to get my head around how many exist.
Unfortunately I wasn't there. From all of the media that I saw, none of the CTs had the curved roof.

It could be the case that 4WS is either inactive or not on these builds. There was a blurry video of one at a 3rd party vehicle test centre last year.

To the best of my knowledge, the public has seen 5 distinct CTs so far (excluding clay models or the non-functional model from reveal night):
- (1) OG prototype
- (2) at Fremont test track (with curved windshields)
- (2) at CyberRodeo

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Someone posted video of the 4ws active on site last night on one of these threads. It was there. Not sure which one has it though. Or where it is in the mass of posts

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Someone posted video of the 4ws active on site last night on one of these threads. It was there. Not sure which one has it though. Or where it is in the mass of posts
I posted that one from a twitter video I found. There was another one from utube as well I posted. But none of them had curved windscreens.

@Albern
I think 5 is the right number. I also think that EM either won't release the curved windscreen version officially until its all complete, or they are still testing to see if the curved windscreen is worth it aerodynamically before they do.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Are they feet so you can store your CT vertically?

:p
Apparently they were used to push it around as it could not yet drive itself.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Best video I've seen yet with clearest shot of bed.

Also you guys be crazy if you don't think this is the curved windshield. The roof window is clearly straight and flat. The windshield has a slight arc to it as all windshields do. Thing ain't gonna be a semicircle bubble window like it seems some of you think it will be. It's a normal slightly curved windshield not some exaggerated absurdity. It's even got the roof overhang over the bed like the drone shots from recently.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Very disappointing if it ends up looking like that, the unique marble countertop look on the original CT was far cooler, this looks like any other dashboard.
Thats also the undriveable unfinished CT they had there on the stand. The stage CT even had a drivers display like the MS Plaid, and can be seen on the stage when the door is opened.

Chip Geek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt [CT3] On order: Tesla MS-LR
Country flag
From what I can tell the stage CT is the same one that was parked in the corner and being prepped for the EM show. It's the one without the frame extensions.

Overall how much of the factory was open for inspection do you think?
Yes. The CT that was being prepped in the corner by the window was the one that went on stage.

Roughly half of the factory is empty waiting for CT production to be set up. Of the MY line, I'd guess we saw 70% of it. We did not see 4680 cell production (but DID see pack production) and did not see inside the paint booth (for obvious reasons). Oh - did not see the sheet metal presses either - although as I was leaving I realized I missed a section. Perhaps that was sheet metal press area?

Did see gigapress for front and rear castings, body assembly, chassis assembly, seat assembly, pack assembly, final assembly - including a robot that puts the wheels on. Probably other stuff I've forgotten but it was easy to visualize the whole process.

Even though I live here and have seen the factory go from gravel pit to factory, the size of this thing is impossible to describe.

Massive is a HUGE understatement. (pun intended.)

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Best video I've seen yet with clearest shot of bed.

Also you guys be crazy if you don't think this is the curved windshield. The roof window is clearly straight and flat. The windshield has a slight arc to it as all windshields do. Thing ain't gonna be a semicircle bubble window like it seems some of you think it will be. It's a normal slightly curved windshield not some exaggerated absurdity. It's even got the roof overhang over the bed like the drone shots from recently.

Good video! I like the bed view.

That has got to be the flattest windscreen I have ever seen @ 2:18 though! :cool:
Sponsored