“Sneak Peak” At CT front end Via Model S Munro Tear down.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is a still from the Munro tear down of the Model S. I’m pretty sure the quad motor Cybertruck will share a lot in common with this rear end. Obviously this isn’t 4 wheel steering, but it is something like 700 horsepower spread over 2 motors which is quite similar in terms of power to what the Cybertruck rear end will have.

Tesla Cybertruck “Sneak Peak” At CT front end Via Model S Munro Tear down. 1644213568848

~700 horsepower motor, transmission, suspension, engine cooling system, braking system…. All in one tiny package.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This is a still from the Munro tear down of the Model S. I’m pretty sure the quad motor Cybertruck will share a lot in common with this rear end. Obviously this isn’t 4 wheel steering, but it is something like 700 horsepower spread over 2 motors which is quite similar in terms of power to what the Cybertruck rear end will have.

1644213568848.png

~700 horsepower motor, transmission, suspension, engine cooling system, braking system…. All in one tiny package.
Yeah, somehow they managed to marry this with their steering system... and then I think they just duplicated it to the front for the quad-motor variant.

It'll be interesting to see the differences.

-Crissa

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
... and then I think they just duplicated it to the front for the quad-motor variant.
-Crissa
That seems like the mosts logical design. If they use basically the same system in the back as they do in the front, it's just a matter of software to mange steering and power distribution.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightng Lariat ER, 2014 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

1644213568848.png

Tesla can draw on the same talent that can launch a payload into space and return with a reusable vehicle economically.
They can make that motor package work on wheelbarrow if they wanted.
Maybe they should build 6 x 6 CT!!

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Tesla can draw on the same talent that can launch a payload into space and return with a reusable vehicle economically.
They can make that motor package work on wheelbarrow if they wanted.
Maybe they should build 6 x 6 CT!!
6x6? Something like this monstrosity:

Tesla Cybertruck “Sneak Peak” At CT front end Via Model S Munro Tear down. BA1FD9EF-E2D9-42A0-80A0-54AB6A680F56

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Suspension will be vastly different. So will the entire packaging as the whole rear frame is larger and casted vs not quite fully casted rear frame. I’m sure same approach will be taken but I’m sure CT configuration will look a lot different.