Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Exactly my thought.

Take the proprietary SS waste and capitalize on it by selling simple to manufacture (laser cut) bottle openers, letter openers, key chains, etc.

The SS fenders, doors, frunk lid, quarter panels and tailgate add up to a lot of square footage to manufacture unique things out of.
Sometimes the vehicles get nearly obliterated during a full-send teardown like this. They could end up performing insane stress tests on the sheet metal panels to the point where they are legitimately not reusable for anything but scrap.

But I agree, laser cut bottle openers would be dope.
Sponsored

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Just smack a bottle cap off using the SS edge.
Charlie, that's such an Aussie thing to do!

Sandy: "Here we have a stainless steel bottle opener"

Charliemagpie: "That's not a bottle opener!"
"This is a bottle opener!" ( Bottle cap smackdown on CYBRTRK SS edge!

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Finally we’ll get a good look at the massive HVAC unit that sits behind the frunk, don’t recall seeing anything remotely that big when they tore down the R1T and Lightning.

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
Sandy Munro gets 2 ... with one headed to scrap heap and he want us to pay for that one. Hmmm. If he was NOT getting paid on the backend, or if he paid us back for his crying poor on the front end, I would consider it. Let's say he gets the 120k up from and 120 of us give him $1,000 each. I would do that today. BUT, he gets 360k selling what he learns from YouTube and his customers, we get nothing back? Hmmm. So he gets to keep the whole 360k which only cost him labor and rent? Not a fan. SURE, I like what Sandy does but asking viewers for $ because the upfront is high ... is it really. In America, we call that investment. Sandy, I am willing to invest but not just contribute.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
As did I today! WA, RN112936XXX. I'm waiting for the non-FS AWD version. My Garage isn't built yet. So (for now) the decision is easy.
why cant it stay outside ?

Aces-Truck

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Prius
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
why cant it stay outside ?
I'm building it so I can Charge it as well. There's not a good way to run from my Dryer outlet to where I'd have to park the CT.

I have my Permit issued. I just need to get it built.

I'll leave the email un answered until Garage is nearly finished. Then we'll see!

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I give it to Sandy to hire several people that are eloquent and clear communicators. Love listening to several of them. Sandy is hard to listen to sometimes for me. Cory Steuben was a good one too.
Some pretty great clear talking employees. Cory was a tad foggy but has become a little more Lucid now. ;-)

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Sandy Munro gets 2 ... with one headed to scrap heap and he want us to pay for that one. Hmmm. If he was NOT getting paid on the backend, or if he paid us back for his crying poor on the front end, I would consider it. Let's say he gets the 120k up from and 120 of us give him $1,000 each. I would do that today. BUT, he gets 360k selling what he learns from YouTube and his customers, we get nothing back? Hmmm. So he gets to keep the whole 360k which only cost him labor and rent? Not a fan. SURE, I like what Sandy does but asking viewers for $ because the upfront is high ... is it really. In America, we call that investment. Sandy, I am willing to invest but not just contribute.
Munro & Assoc has a lot of expensive engineers working on the tear-down that expected to be paid. If Munro are only able to sell a couple of $360K full reports that might still not be enough.
How many legacy will buy reports now that they all say nobody wants EVs and they are going to switch to hybrids?

Also what is the cost of insurance for the Munro building that has several car/truck fulls of EV lithium batteries that have been hacked up !!!!

Gruber Motors (independent Tesla EV repairs) has already burnt down twice (building and dozens rare Tesla Roadsters).

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
I like Sandy but he is giving me pause with how impartial he may be with the speech used recently. With this shirt not sure?
zimage7662.png
was surprised to hear him speak frankly about how CT is a sport truck, while the Lightning on the other hand is a real work truck, lol

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Munro & Assoc has a lot of expensive engineers working on the tear-down that expected to be paid. If Munro are only able to sell a couple of $360K full reports that might still not be enough.
How many legacy will buy reports now that they all say nobody wants EVs and they are going to switch to hybrids?

Also what is the cost of insurance for the Munro building that has several car/truck fulls of EV lithium batteries that have been hacked up !!!!

Gruber Motors (independent Tesla EV repairs) has already burnt down twice (building and dozens rare Tesla Roadsters).
thats not our concern, i dont care if sandys business lives or dies... if he cant afford to do this stuff then so be it let the market decide.
Sponsored