g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
"Our seat testing robot performs 50k ingress/egress cycles, equivalent to a lifetime of use 🍑"

Admin Edit: notice the perforated seats - presumably for ventilated cooled seats.

PHOTOS:

Tesla Cybertruck front seats 3.jpg
The seats are tested for denim pants. So driving without such pants may affect the seats lifetime :unsure:

h_arout

First Name
Harout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model 3, Model 3 LR, Model Y LR, Model X,
Country flag
Those seats looks really high quality, and well designed. Seems like bigger and defined bolsters.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Passenger lumbar removed

Now we might have an example of the contrary, which is certainly more problematic.

Several new Tesla Model Y buyers who have been taking delivery over the last few days are reporting that the passenger seat is not equipped with lumbar support.

On this picture via Chrissugar21 on Reddit, we can see that the lumbar support controls have been replaced by filler trim:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Front Seats Sneak Peek Video From Tesla's Testing Process 🍑 1689790365396

CoachTerry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wellness Coach
Country flag
My Range Rover has cooled and heated seats. One of the best options I’ve ever added on a vehicle. Real nice comfort purchase for weather extremes.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Passenger lumbar removed

Now we might have an example of the contrary, which is certainly more problematic.

Several new Tesla Model Y buyers who have been taking delivery over the last few days are reporting that the passenger seat is not equipped with lumbar support.

On this picture via Chrissugar21 on Reddit, we can see that the lumbar support controls have been replaced by filler trim:

1689790365396.png
Tesla removed them saying that their telemetry from the fleet was that passengers weren't using the lumbar controls so they decided to remove them. The same is true (as shown in another photo in this thread) of the Cybertruck. I have to say that I may use the lumbar support control once in a blue moon but not often. I can definitely live without it. But that is not true for all. For some it may be essential. I happen to believe that you don't remove features for that reason.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
In watching the Munro video on this video they say that this is not an entry/egress test at all, and it is interesting because in my mind I didn't think so either. I always have to twist myself into and out of the seat, going directly over the outward bolster. I would be much more impressed if the butt-bot rolled over the bolster 50K times and there was no wear or damage.
Sponsored