D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
m-3
Occupation
Chocolate Maker
Country flag
What I need is a heavy duty lumber rack, and wheels that a curb won't wreck when parking.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
MDR's Twitter profile starts as:

So the first Tesla vehicle came out in 2008. Since then (or whenever MDR had the cash to buy his first Tesla) he has subsequently owned 13 Tesla vehicles? That is 13 vehicles in possibly 15 years. Dude, way to commit. You seem to commit to Tesla vehicles about as much as you commit to your reporting scoops.
And don't forget his like 15 Ford F-150's and Raptors.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
That's prob why they got rid of the sail storage, with the very large Frunk it will be way more useful and easier to implement.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So the first Tesla vehicle came out in 2008. Since then (or whenever MDR had the cash to buy his first Tesla) he has subsequently owned 13 Tesla vehicles? That is 13 vehicles in possibly 15 years. Dude, way to commit. You seem to commit to Tesla vehicles about as much as you commit to your reporting scoops.
And don't forget his like 15 Ford F-150's and Raptors.
HEY HEY HEY NOW!

No kink-shaming on forum!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I don't see that happening, it would be more complicated (read: cost) for very little benefit, if any.
Benefit is differentiate product. It would be very useful for the people who work out of a truck.
I plan on storing tools in frunk and having a ready work surface would be very nice ... Yes I can use tail gate but front gate would be nice.... Along with the ability to light up that space which the tailgate has difficulty doing.
Why do you think a front tailgate is more complicated than a hood that lifts the front like Ford has. Have you looked at the extreme mechanisms Ford used to hold it shut?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Twitter says trunk opens like lightening. No confirmation of front tail gate.
Now if only he’d address his nonsensical “5% smaller than but identical to unveil prototype”

This guy’s nose is getting bigger and redder every day. This whole pivot to “CyberTruck insider” is peak cringe

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Along with the ability to light up that space which the tailgate has difficulty doing.
I too think a frunk-gate (head-gate?) would be cool

however one issue for that setup in CT compared to Lightning: the CT frunk appears to be so deep that I don’t know how we reach the back even without a frunk-gate. With a frunk-gate it’ll need a sliding deck!

hmmm….

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Another in a long list of things that to me indicate one conclusion: the unveil proto/stats, musk’s tweets, and certainly the website contents, are fleeting things to lend any authority to.

Whereas a “pre-production prototype” that is in theory less than two quarters from supposed production start date, and being socialized with investors in the same financial year, is probably a pretty good barometer of which way the wind is blowing

Not to say that unveil performance stats (eg 500mi range) don’t have a significant stake in the ground, but lots can change in 4 years between unveil and production start

including for the better: don’t forget the UI patent dumby screens hinting at 610mi range
Sponsored