1.4 MILLION Reservations for the Cybertruck, and Counting!!!

OP
OP
Youaregoldone

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
since I pay cash, it would need to be a cash deal or cashiers check.....pick up in Southern California.......we would just need to figure out how to handle title.......price, make me an offer
2K usd

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I thought this Website was created for people who wonder what their spot on line was. This was literally the first feature of CybertruckOwnersClub.com available for you to find your spot on the reservation list, besides the 3D Visualizer. LoL
I'm pretty sure the site was created to discuss the Cybertruck. I'm just saying the "place in line thing" is almost certainly not accurate. Nor does Tesla say they will sell Trucks to people in the order the reservations were taken.

TECHNOMAGE

First Name
calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Recent updates showed that the Cybertruck Pre-orders have reached almost an astonishing One Million and a half. That means that if Tesla increases its EV production by 100%, reaching 1 Million vehicles per year, it shall still divide production into 4 SEXY models + Semi, and finally the Cybertruck. So, being generous and assuming Tesla produces a quarter million CTs per year...It would take 6 years for the "Nubies" Cybertrukkers to get served. High five for us early birders, who were in love at first sight with this beautiful real life Toy-Robo-truck.

TECHNOMAGE

First Name
calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don't know about sources, but I have a friend who talked about ordering a tri-motor but only talked. I told him if he really wanted one he better get on it and so both he and his father ordered dual motors (cost difference). He said his number was 900,000 something and that was over a month ago. Since Arkansas isn't too far from Austin he may still get his about the same time I do or I might get mine the same time he gets his unfortunately? I'm 70,000 something.

TECHNOMAGE

First Name
calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I ordered two cybertrks (dual motor, then tri motor). I ordered the dual on Sat 11/23/2019 and the tri on 11/25/2019. According to the calculator the dual is ~180,000 and the tri is ~220,000. Not holding my breath. (I'll scrape up the cash for whichever becomes available 1st and cancel the second.)

My Tesla ordering experience.
I figured I was in for a long wait so after watching Sandy Munro's Model Y teardown vids, I figured the Y was good enuff and met my needs and I needed a better car! So, I ordered a Model Y (4/7/2020) and took delivery on (09/17/2020). My serial number is 39,000+. A friend of mine in NC ordered his 3 weeks before I took delivery and received his on 9/22/2020! His serial number is 41,000+ with no special options. Mine was kinda custom because I insisted on a factory installed trailer hitch. It was manufactured in about mid-August last year.

I love the model Y!

I think the roni-rona virus caused a lot of optimistic people to lose jobs, businesses, get hours cut....
When it came to "digging deep" and paying for delivery many found they had "short arms". They either cancelled or asked to be "pushed back" till later. Does Tesla do that? I expected delivery of my Y in Oct 2021 because I figured it would be a popular car. It IS popular for those who have the money. So, I lucked out because of others' misfortune (hopefully NOT permanent).

I am betting the same problem will hit cybertrk buyers. If they need financing and are in a lower (or no income bracket) for awhile, they are gone from the order backlog. Will they re-order??

My other bet is the Tesla will try to fulfill all the tri-motor orders because that's where the money is!

Also, if the cybertrk uses TWO tons of stainless steel each, that's 3 megatons of SS to meet what seems like huge order backlog. Between cybertrk and "Starship" I hope Elon has "cornered the SS market" at his price! T

Time will tell.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
hahaha.......wonder if someone who is 800,000 would like to buy my spot .......I am at 46,160
8,087 here. We'll see if it really effects anything though.

Last edited:

CyborgTrk

First Name
Kamarii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I almost let the number of reservations discourage me from getting mine and choosing something else. I was told that based on my reservation number there were more than 700,000 orders i front of me, until i realized Dual motor and FSD will probably get started in production first and many people will give up and quit before the release of the truck.

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
I also think that most of the multiple order accounts will have one of two things happen:

1. When approached to proceed with the purchases, all reservations but one (maybe two in extreme cases) will be cancelled.

2. Tesla will sell them one CT and come back to them later for the rest.

Just speculation on my part.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
<Snip>

Also, if the cybertrk uses TWO tons of stainless steel each, that's 3 megatons of SS to meet what seems like huge order backlog. Between cybertrk and "Starship" I hope Elon has "cornered the SS market" at his price! T

Time will tell.

Elon begged producers and mines to find more nickel. Tesla has bumped up against the upper bound of its resource utilization. Nickel has gone critical which impacts S.S. alloys as well as batteries.

Something has to give.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
If the 1.4 million reservations includes all cars - which it likely does - then there are probably 900k reservations. It only costs $100 to pre order, so there's going to be a lot of garbage in there. If you think 10-20% from markets where the car won't be sold, 10-20% to customers who can't actually pay for it or finance it, 10-20% to multiple order people trying to scalp the reservation or whatever and get theirs cancelled, and 10-20% to people who end up dying, changing their mind, etc before the vehicle gets into production, and they probably have about 500k real reservations. That's a lot, and two years of build capacity. If you like the vehicle, you should definitely put in a reservation and even today I think there is a real possibility you could buy it in the first or second year of production, especially if you order a 3- or 2- motor. I wouldn't be surprised if the single motor is delayed a long time or cancelled, with them trying to get you to upgrade.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
If the 1.4 million reservations includes all cars - which it likely does - then there are probably 900k reservations. It only costs $100 to pre order, so there's going to be a lot of garbage in there. If you think 10-20% from markets where the car won't be sold, 10-20% to customers who can't actually pay for it or finance it, 10-20% to multiple order people trying to scalp the reservation or whatever and get theirs cancelled, and 10-20% to people who end up dying, changing their mind, etc before the vehicle gets into production, and they probably have about 500k real reservations. That's a lot, and two years of build capacity. If you like the vehicle, you should definitely put in a reservation and even today I think there is a real possibility you could buy it in the first or second year of production, especially if you order a 3- or 2- motor. I wouldn't be surprised if the single motor is delayed a long time or cancelled, with them trying to get you to upgrade.
agree

IMO 1/3 - 1/2 of pre orders will actually result is a purchased vehicle

TECHNOMAGE

First Name
calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I also think that most of the multiple order accounts will have one of two things happen:

1. When approached to proceed with the purchases, all reservations but one (maybe two in extreme cases) will be cancelled.

2. Tesla will sell them one CT and come back to them later for the rest.

Just speculation on my part.

TECHNOMAGE

First Name
calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if I got a call from Tesla less than a year after production starts asking me if I still want the 3-motor. I really don't want a low serial number. SN 40-50 thousand or
above I'll take it ! If I am financially "distressed", I'll take the 2-motor. I could get by with the single motor, but that might be a wait until all the higher profit model reservations are fulfilled.

There will probably be bugs that Tesla will fix on the lower serial number models produced, but I just don't want the angst. After bug fixes, Tesla will continue to improve
the truck and probably make new options and accessories available without waiting for a "model year" change to keep their loyal customers interested. BIG opportunity for "after market" accessory manufacturers! Snowplow anyone?? A matching SS trailer or camper? etc etc
Sponsored