ThaDon

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So if we assume the low take rates which seem to be The case, even if you are a millionth in line, you’d probably get the car next year. This doesn’t even assume a significant ramp.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Why should people stop ordering FS if they want all of the accessories and can afford it?
With the price of FSD dropping by 4k, there is a viable reason to no longer go with FS assuming you have no issues in waiting.

I highly doubt Tesla will lower the FS price by 4k to accommodate the lowering of the FSD option, but IMO it does make the FS less attractive now. I also understand that a lot of folks reserved with the 7k and 8k prices but just as well there are others (I assume) that did not reserve with FSD and saw that the FS vs standard at the $12K price increase justifiable enough to go with the Foundation Series due to that value add. All speculation of course.

asriggs1987

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, CyberTruck
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
Considering Tesla is still taking foundation series orders with estimated deliveries of October and later it sounds to me like foundation is not going to be nearly as limited as many expected. Looks like it will be 50,000+ units.

BeFamousVideo

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telsa M3 Long Range. CT Beast expected 3/2024
Occupation
AI Automation Agency owner
Country flag
With the price of FSD dropping by 4k, there is a viable reason to no longer go with FS assuming you have no issues in waiting.

I highly doubt Tesla will lower the FS price by 4k to accommodate the lowering of the FSD option, but IMO it does make the FS less attractive now. I also understand that a lot of folks reserved with the 7k and 8k prices but just as well there are others (I assume) that did not reserve with FSD and saw that the FS vs standard at the $12K price increase justifiable enough to go with the Foundation Series due to that value add. All speculation of course.
The price of today's FSD will likely be higher in the future. After FSD is refined its value could be perceived much higher. First a lot (million) of people need to try FSD. Tesla has always fluctuated pricing.

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The market will sort out this messy rollout. If from this point forward Tesla produces 1000 or more trucks per week they will exhaust the FS buyer pool quickly.

The CT is no longer the shiny ultra new toy it was 6 months ago. The 100K price combined with the harsh anti Tesla press have taken the shine off.

From my point of view this is great news. Love the truck but I have always questioned its mass marketability at FS pricing. In the mean time the bugs are being worked out.

As far as FSD is concerned, 12K for that feature, once it is actually safe and operative is a bargain.

Coagulation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
At 1k produced per week, most can expect their CT pretty soon here if they ordered and are waiting or received their invite and on the fence. At that rate, in a year, they’ll be common to see on the roads.

Eventually the CT novelty will wear off. It will be more about making it your own (if that’s your thing), like the Jeep community

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
as FSD is concerned, 12K for that feature, once it is actually safe and operative is a bargain.
This is true, but this was also the consensus when hardware 2.0 and FSD was available and yet it will very likely not support FSD in its full non-supervised release. FSD running on HW3.0 is also not upgradeable to HW4.0. While it appears likely that HW3.0 will support release FSD it is still not a guarantee. If for some reason HW3.0 doesn't support release FSD then there will be outrage for sure. HW4.0 I am less concerned about currently but while Elon/Tesla may believe it is fully capable, government regulations may have other unknown/unknowns that derail it.