Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Usually they do it by how many made per week. Recently they have been trying to start production at a capacity of 1000 per week.

Honestly no one knows any of that info yet. The Cyber-truck is going to be radically different in terms of manufacturing, most signs point to it being easier to produce AKA quicker. The cyber-truck is breaking the rules, taking out one of the most difficult aspects, paint.
Don’t underestimate the savings from not having to do stamping and panel alignment. Cutting, folding, and welding for the entire body? That should be super fast in comparison, with many fewer errors. If they also continue their trend in simplifying the front and rear end castings it will only be that much simpler, faster, and less error prone.
Sponsored

Doug McAllister

First Name
Douglas L McAllister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I didn’t think Elon was going to ship the CT Out of the country until he has a smaller version.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I didn’t think Elon was going to ship the CT Out of the country until he has a smaller version.
yes exactly. That's something that hasn't been 100% confirmed but a lot has been said that would seriously suggest that the Cybertruck that is under production will be for North America only.

I definitely see a market for the Cybertruck overseas, especially when it grows in popularity in North America. When this happens, it is likely that it will have a reduction in size and I think it's likely that instead of shipping these oversears, they will have another factory built to produce them.

Tesla has big ambitions when it comes to the transportation market. In the future they want to produce more cars per year than any other manufacturer has ever done. So I think that we will probably see another factory to produce the smaller pickups overseas.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Look for a UK factory if Tesla decides to produce a Cybervan with a slightly reduced footprint than the CT. Also don’t forget that the Tesla Semi will also be entering full production mode, possibly to start in Sparks, NV and then ? Oklahoma if not Austin too.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Well we do know for sure it will be CT and Model Y production. In-fact Elon has said general assembly of the model Y will be first.
For making the Y, the duplicate machinery is probably right now at the ready to simply move in. For making the CT, the machinery has to be designed, made, and tested -- both stand-alone and in production sequence. Maybe that's all ready to move in too, but I doubt it. In fact, maybe part of the odd-shaped Texas plant will be not for truck production but to make all the machinery.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Do you think they will use the nearest port for overseas vehicles, and where is that port.
Rail lines are about 5 miles off. The ocean's full of car carriers mainly from German, Japan, and Korea, heading west. Do they go the other way empty? And an airport (with a 12k' runway that will take the biggest cargo craft) is 5 miles north, for those willing to pay the freight.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
For making the Y, the duplicate machinery is probably right now at the ready to simply move in. For making the CT, the machinery has to be designed, made, and tested -- both stand-alone and in production sequence. Maybe that's all ready to move in too, but I doubt it. In fact, maybe part of the odd-shaped Texas plant will be not for truck production but to make all the machinery.
Its Just general Assembly for the Y.. not full on production. This is what they are doing in a sprung structure right now at Fremont. They dont even need the factory for that lol.. just some concrete and power if they wanted.

Otherwsie i dont understand what your response has to do with my post. I Just said Elon has stated model Y production will also be at the Texas Factory and it will start first.

Luftpilot

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350, HD Nightrod Special, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Adventure nut
Country flag
When the production line gets going, how trucks per day do they predict will be made??
I was hoping that would've been revealed at the "Reveal Event".

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I was hoping that would've been revealed at the "Reveal Event".
Why? He has said many times that the ramp will be slow but exponential. The key thing is whether the HV production line is fully operational, because if it is, even if it puts out 1 car every 90 minutes (that was entirely made up friends), it is just a matter of time. If they are still working on the line that is different. Joe said that he didn't think that Elon would have let the delivery event happen if the HV line wasn't up, but that was a conjecture.

The way I figure it, if Elon didn't want to talk about range and price, why would he want to talk about production rate?

Luftpilot

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350, HD Nightrod Special, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Adventure nut
Country flag
Car = Truck

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
When the production line gets going, how many trucks per day do they predict will be made??
From little I understood from seeing the CT assembly lines, the line can hold ~30 vehicles at a time. (actually, the line is comprised out of 3 physical lines, but they are in series, only the last line has almost fully assembled vehicles, the other 2 lines have motors and stuff.
2) A the end of the line there is an elevator that picks up the car and moves it. That elevator was doing 'pretend moving" at a rate of one Cybertruck unit per ~60-120 seconds.

This setup is not very high volume. Several more lines are needed to reach the mythical 250K/year, IMHO.
Sponsored