tripzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
This is true, but this was also the consensus when hardware 2.0 and FSD was available and yet it will very likely not support FSD in its full non-supervised release. FSD running on HW3.0 is also not upgradeable to HW4.0. While it appears likely that HW3.0 will support release FSD it is still not a guarantee. If for some reason HW3.0 doesn't support release FSD then there will be outrage for sure. HW4.0 I am less concerned about currently but while Elon/Tesla may believe it is fully capable, government regulations may have other unknown/unknowns that derail it.
Absolutely right. As was mentioned in the call, there are only a couple ways to scale FSD capability. More/better data, longer training or larger model (I might be forgetting one). Larger models require more compute/memory and that's where hardware could be a limiting factor. We don't know how large the model needs to be to get to unsupervised FSD. It may be HW3 is too weak. It may be that HW4 is too weak.

Cerberus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model X, CyberBeast order in queue
Country flag
What is weekly output at max capacity?
Per the earnings call deck, 125,000 per year or 2,400 per week

I've heard Elon say on calls they plan to get that up to 250,000 per year if demand is there

Attachments

Gundo

First Name
Gundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
I listened to the call. So many FUD things about TSLA rebuked. Can’t let the haters dominate narrative.

As for CT, hearing that 1,000 a week are being made gives me hope to see my truck soon here in Connecticut. 11279xxxx

PowerShare install on 5/3. Exactly $4k. And I’ve heard this helps speed things along. We’ll see

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What is weekly output at max capacity?

The installed max capacity is over 125,000

Can't recall his numbers exactly, Elon said a while back Tesla might produce up to 120,000 .. Likely less, 80,000? this year.

Whatever the number was, either end of the range is highish, he would have IMO, considered a slow start.

Drawing a long bow, if we were to reach around 100,000 even 80,000 this year, production would have to exceed the 125,000 run rate (2400 per week) well before year-end.

Tesla Cybertruck 1000+ Cybertrucks were produced in a single week in April (per Q1 2024 earnings report) 1713956083469-v5

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
If you are spending 100k on a vehicle should you really qualify for the tax credit anyway?
Can't say I ever met someone who LIKED paying taxes, weird 🤔 must not read where a lot of that money goes 😅

rbalkun

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I listened to the call. So many FUD things about TSLA rebuked. Can’t let the haters dominate narrative.

As for CT, hearing that 1,000 a week are being made gives me hope to see my truck soon here in Connecticut. 11279xxxx

PowerShare install on 5/3. Exactly $4k. And I’ve heard this helps speed things along. We’ll see
I already have one in Connnecticut

Gundo

First Name
Gundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
That’s awesome! What was you RN if you don’t mind?

Bz22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag

Had PS for a month still no vin. Don’t think it helps.

Harki

First Name
Harki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E 350 Convertible, Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
20k - 27.5k.

Some won't qualify for the 7500 credit
I was informed that neither of the available versions qualifies for the $7500 credit.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag

doubt it helps, i havent even spoken to an installer yet and i have my truck.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
If you are spending 100k on a vehicle should you really qualify for the tax credit anyway?
Yes, if people who choose to have 6 kids qualify for welfare then there should be no restriction on the opposite end.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Why should people stop ordering FS if they want all of the accessories and can afford it?
Pretty much and more after the truck shows up. We do our math and make decisions. I think it was well worth it to get a badged Truck limited edition (I call it limited edition) sooner than many. I totally understand that some have a budget etc...

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Yes... especially if they are offering it to gas guzzling plug in hybrids that never plug in.
Yes, I take whatever the government give back to me otherwise they will spent on etc.......

Last edited:

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
Tesla is going to build all foundation series for this year. Good for business!
Sponsored