drdrugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, CT AWD (ordered)
Occupation
Checking for VIN every 30 minutes
Country flag
I know this is a long shot. Wanted to share the pain with others in or near the same boat.

Received invite and ordered on 12/28. Took care of all items, sitting on "We will notify you when its time to continue..." for a month now.

TEXAS! so Maybe theres some hope..

No VIN... at what point is checking for a VIN over and over considered needing therapy?
Sponsored

walendo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck-shaped vacant area
Country flag
<walks in>
<looks around>
<takes a stool at the bar>

Thanks for opening the room. I'll hang out in here with you. Don't expect (or really want) my beast VIN until after May, though.

Did you order AWD? I'd be both stressed and excited, if so!

<starts browsing forum for more CT tidbits...>

OP
OP
drdrugs

drdrugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, CT AWD (ordered)
Occupation
Checking for VIN every 30 minutes
Country flag
<walks in>
<looks around>
<takes a stool at the bar>

Thanks for opening the room. I'll hang out in here with you. Don't expect (or really want) my beast VIN until after May, though.

Did you order AWD? I'd be both stressed and excited, if so!

<starts browsing forum for more CT tidbits...>
I’m a AWD order. 11280**
from Texas.
I don’t think they have a rhyme or reason for how and when they’re assigning VINs so I’m just standing by.

walendo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm also RN11280xxxx, in WA state. I don't check for the VIN daily, but I do obsess about new CT tidbits as they trickle out. There's a dude doing short videos on things like "here are the lights in the cabin". You know you're hooked when you're enjoying the video of a guy showing where the CT cabin lights are...

Dazureus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Model X, '21 Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer - Steering Systems
Country flag
I'm an RN11278XXXX but in Michigan with a 12/28 Cyberbeast configuration so I'll camp here but won't start to get excited before June. Just got the email that my house is eligible for the Powershare hardware installation so that's nice.

Last edited:

Nonn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
Checking in. RN11279, in Kentucky. Placed my ordered for the AWD the same day I got the email. Eagerly awaiting my vin and soaking up all the info I can in the meantime. This will be my first Tesla, wanted one for a while and I had and F150 for 13 years. When the Cybertruck was announced it was a no brainer for me.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
Hi there fellow 12/28’ers. I’m an RN 11279 from NJ. I got invite 12/28 and ordered 12/28, AWD. Refreshing the app multiple times an hour checking for vins. I completed final payment Jan 9th and they’ve taken the money out already :) :(

walendo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi there fellow 12/28’ers. I’m an RN 11279 from NJ. I got invite 12/28 and ordered 12/28, AWD. Refreshing the app multiple times an hour checking for vins. I completed final payment Jan 9th and they’ve taken the money out already :) :(
Exciting!

Like 4AM on Christmas morning, waiting for your parents to get up. :)

vinyl.blowfish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cybertruck
Country flag
No VIN, but you've already paid? I'm waiting on a VIN too, but the tasks in the app look like this for me. How'd you pay already? Hope you weren't scammed.
  1. [Complete] Registration
  2. [Complete] Trade-In
  3. [Complete] Financing
  4. [Disabled] Schedule Delivery Appointment
  5. [Disabled] Insurance
  6. [Disabled] Make Your Final Payment
  7. [Disabled] Review Agreements
  8. [Disabled] Delivery Day

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
No VIN, but you've already paid? I'm waiting on a VIN too, but the tasks in the app look like this for me. How'd you pay already? Hope you weren't scammed.
  1. [Complete] Registration
  2. [Complete] Trade-In
  3. [Complete] Financing
  4. [Disabled] Schedule Delivery Appointment
  5. [Disabled] Insurance
  6. [Disabled] Make Your Final Payment
  7. [Disabled] Review Agreements
  8. [Disabled] Delivery Day
Make your final payment enabled for me and others after we completed registration trade in and financing. When I completed final payment I was SHOCKED when they withdrew the money. I called Tesla to complain, as I assumed I was just configuring it and it would fire at delivery or just prior.

Raxar

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Freakin A….I missed a voicemail from Tesla that said they could accommodate 1 Cybertruck for me this evening in Dublin..I am 2 hours away but responded right away to the text and nothing..

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
Freakin A….I missed a voicemail from Tesla that said they could accommodate 1 Cybertruck for me this evening in Dublin..I am 2 hours away but responded right away to the text and nothing..
Omg I would absolutely die haha 🤣 Hope you get it!

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
its definatly odd that you were able to pay before getting a VIN. i also hope nothing bad happens because for everyone else thats not an option till you get your VIN. its greyed out.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
its definatly odd that you were able to pay before getting a VIN. i also hope nothing bad happens because for everyone else thats not an option till you get your VIN. its greyed out.
I wasn’t alone I saw another couple of people also comment they were able to complete final payment as well. I can’t imagine anything bad other than there was no reason for me to be out that money until delivery, which could end up being months, what do you meant by bad?
Sponsored