ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
The Supercharger network keeps getting better and better! Any guesses how many more will be installed by the time Cybertruck hits the roads?

Tesla Supercharger network reaches 15,000 chargers — still one of its best assets

via https://electrek.co/2019/12/19/tesls-supercharger-reaches-15000-chargers-best-assets/

Tesla’s Supercharger network has reached 15,000 chargers — a new milestone for what is still one of the automaker’s best assets.

Over the last few years, Tesla has made several grand promises about expanding the Supercharger network, but it has been falling short.

The delay appeared to be at least partly related to the deployment of the new generation of the Supercharger technology, Supercharger V3, which itself saw several delays.

But now Tesla has launched the Supercharger V3 and picked up Supercharger installations around the world.

The automaker has deployed over 2,000 new Superchargers during the second half of the year, and it has pushed the total number of Supercharger stalls to over 15,000 (via Supercharge.info).

The automaker recently built its biggest Supercharger V3 station yet in Arizona to connect Los Angeles and Phoenix.

Several other new stations opening this month has increased the number to over 15,000 Superchargers installed at 1,716 locations around the world.

North America remains the market with the biggest Supercharger network presence.

The lead is also expected to increase, as Tesla is about to finally launch its Trans-Canadian Highway network, which has been under construction since last year.

While 15,000 Superchargers represent an impressive new milestone for Tesla, the automaker is still short of its goal to have 18,000 Superchargers installed by the end of 2018.

However, the new Supercharger V3, which can deliver a charge rate up to 250 kW, is expected to reduce the average charging session time and increase the overall capacity of the Supercharger network with fewer stalls.
Sponsored

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
There’s also some generic branded ones in some reasors parking lots.
Does anyone know how well the off brands work, are the more like the ones that we set up in our garage, that charge around 40 to 60 mi/hr?

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Would like to see more superchargers in Atlantic Canada. I often have to drive 300km off into a direction with no superchargers. In the winter I would have serious range anxiety and would need to rely on other/slower chargers. My budget only works for the dual motor but wish I could get the tri just for the range.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Would like to see more superchargers in Atlantic Canada. I often have to drive 300km off into a direction with no superchargers. In the winter I would have serious range anxiety and would need to rely on other/slower chargers. My budget only works for the dual motor but wish I could get the tri just for the range.
I kind of hope the range will increase to at least 350 on the dual motor. Given that its two years away, and the Tesla is really striving to add more chargers in Canada, you will probably be good.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I kind of hope the range will increase to at least 350 on the dual motor. Given that its two years away, and the Tesla is really striving to add more chargers in Canada, you will probably be good.
I hopethe network in Canada improves. I have to drive 400km to get to a super charger in Saskatchewan. I regularly drive 600km in a day without seeing a charger of any kind. I am hoping for a super charger where I live. I could make my round trip and then hit the super charger before going home. Get a good start on the recharge then finish at home. Sometimes I have to turn around in 9 hours. Trying to get from 10% to 100% may be a challenge to go again without the super charger.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For Snowbirds… that use 81 and 95 , I saw some… but I hope they won't be used by other tesla car… when we need it… So, why Tesla opened more range when the fire was in California…??? And it will be more appreciated to get 2 motors and more than 800 miles for the price of trimotors... !!!

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
If the dual motor comes out with software locked battery size of the tri motor then it may become available for a long range version in the future. That is why Tesla has done for some models. They put a larger battery in for ease of manufacturing and sell it with a software stop in size. If you want more range you can pay for it later.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes, with 2 motors and paying more for long range... good news.

Kirby

First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 long range dual motor
Country flag
The Supercharger network keeps getting better and better!

Tesla Supercharger network reaches 15,000 chargers — still one of its best assets

via https://electrek.co/2019/12/19/tesls-supercharger-reaches-15000-chargers-best-assets/

Tesla’s Supercharger network has reached 15,000 chargers — a new milestone for what is still one of the automaker’s best assets.

Over the last few years, Tesla has made several grand promises about expanding the Supercharger network, but it has been falling short.

The delay appeared to be at least partly related to the deployment of the new generation of the Supercharger technology, Supercharger V3, which itself saw several delays.

But now Tesla has launched the Supercharger V3 and picked up Supercharger installations around the world.

The automaker has deployed over 2,000 new Superchargers during the second half of the year, and it has pushed the total number of Supercharger stalls to over 15,000 (via Supercharge.info).

The automaker recently built its biggest Supercharger V3 station yet in Arizona to connect Los Angeles and Phoenix.

Several other new stations opening this month has increased the number to over 15,000 Superchargers installed at 1,716 locations around the world.

North America remains the market with the biggest Supercharger network presence.

The lead is also expected to increase, as Tesla is about to finally launch its Trans-Canadian Highway network, which has been under construction since last year.

While 15,000 Superchargers represent an impressive new milestone for Tesla, the automaker is still short of its goal to have 18,000 Superchargers installed by the end of 2018.

However, the new Supercharger V3, which can deliver a charge rate up to 250 kW, is expected to reduce the average charging session time and increase the overall capacity of the Supercharger network with fewer stalls.
Interested in figuring out how we will supercharge Cybertruck when toeing a trailer.

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Unfortunately, at all the super chargers near me at least, you’ll probably have to unhook the trailer, charge, then hook it back up. I’m not planning on hauling many trailers, mostly bed use so not too worried.
Sponsored