Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
The first week was a blast. Some points to begin with:

A. The steering is really that good. It’s a game changer and all vehicles will be adopting this architecture sooner or later.

B. The power is incredible! I gave a handful of thrill rides to friends and everyone is floored!

C. There is a big difference in between the high and low setting. It changes the perception of the truck.

D. Lots of people say it’s bigger than they expected.

E. It gets way too much attention! Good luck being anonymous. I’m happy to share and explain things. But it’s beyond ridiculous.

F. Beast mode uses 1,328 Wh mile for a pull.

G. I can get 300 miles of range with sensible driving, but most of the time I’m not sensible.

H. It scoots on the Rally Circuit. I took it out to Rally Ready in Austin. The pro drivers there made the Cyberbeast sing! Some incredible skills can really make you realize what this is capable of. We need a low Baja mode !!!!

Onto some comparison thoughts. This maybe this is a different way of looking at the Cybertruck. I could compare it to other EV’s or trucks. But I wanted to give my perspective comparing it to my other favorite vehicle.

1. Powertrain:
- Cyberbeast makes me appreciate electric motors and superb engineering: Guessinge here: The Beast version produces over 800 horsepower and 1,000 lb-ft of torque. The electric powertrain provides instant torque and smooth, quiet, and sometimes 1 pedal operation.
- Viper ACR: It's equipped with an 8.0-liter naturally aspirated V10 gasoline engine that produces 460 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque. It’s more engaging with 3 pedals, but that’s a two edged sword. Sometimes you just want to relax!

2. Performance:
- Cybertruck: need I say any more? 0-60 mph in around 2.6 seconds, thanks to the instant torque delivery of the electric motors.
- Viper ACR: While it may be slower off the line compared to the Cybertruck, the Viper ACR can reach a top speed of over 180 mph. But I’m never going to do that. It's built for track performance and can generate significant downforce for enhanced cornering capabilities. The viper is more engaging in the twisties.

3. Handling:
- Cybertruck: The low center of gravity improves stability and handling. However, the Cybertruck's large size makes it a super truck, not a Supercar…. Big difference!
- Viper ACR: It's a lightweight, purpose-built sports car designed for maximum performance. The ACR package includes stiffer suspension, safety, and improved HP. The lack of modern traction control and ABS systems means the driver has more direct control over the car's behavior. So you better know what you are doing. There’s a reason people crash these things. This vehicle will increase in value every year since every year there are a few less examples due to inexperienced drivers crashing.

4. Technology:
- Cybertruck: It comes with a host of advanced features and Nannies... It also offers unique features like an adaptive air suspension, 48volt goodies, steer by wire, and martensitic armor. I love the steering!
- Viper ACR: It's a more analog and driver-focused car, with minimal electronic interventions. It lacks modern conveniences. What’s Bluetooth?

5. Design:
- Cybertruck: It features a bold, futuristic design with sharp angles and a stainless steel exterior. It looks like the future! I love it!
- Viper ACR: I think it’s the sexiest car design ever.

6. Practicality:
- Cybertruck: It offers a spacious interior with seating for up to 5 people. I had my 6’5” Nigerian friend try out the back seat yesterday and he had zero issues. I’m 6’3” and I have 1/2 inch clearance. The cargo bed is versatile, with a storage vault. I love the tonneau!
- Viper ACR: As a focused sports car, practicality is not its strong suit. It has limited cargo space, with a small trunk and minimal interior storage. The passenger compartment is snug, prioritizing the driver's experience over comfort and convenience. But I barely fit, and that’s good enough for me.

7. Safety:
- Cybertruck: Tesla places A #1 on safety, and the Cybertruck has it all. The steel martensitic armor offers additional protection for the apocalypse.
- Viper ACR: The Viper ACR is not safe. Don’t even pretend. But it has an airbag…

I posted this on X, and decided to expand on things here.

IMG_6582.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag

A. The steering is really that good. It’s a game changer and all vehicles will be adopting this architecture sooner or later.

B. The power is incredible! I gave a handful of thrill rides to friends and everyone is floored!

C. There is a big difference in between the high and low setting. It changes the perception of the truck.

E. It gets way too much attention! Good luck being anonymous. I’m happy to share and explain things. But it’s beyond ridiculous.

G. I can get 300 miles of range with sensible driving, but most of the time I’m not sensible.

H. It scoots on the Rally Circuit. I took it out to Rally Ready in Austin. The pro drivers there made the Cyberbeast sing! Some incredible skills can really make you realize what this is capable of. We need a low Baja mode !!!!

Onto some comparison thoughts. This maybe this is a different way of looking at the Cybertruck. I could compare it to other EV’s or trucks. But I wanted to give my perspective comparing it to my other favorite vehicle.

1. Powertrain:
- Cyberbeast makes me appreciate electric motors and superb engineering: Guessinge here: The Beast version produces over 800 horsepower and 1,000 lb-ft of torque. The electric powertrain provides instant torque and smooth, quiet, and sometimes 1 pedal operation.
- Viper ACR: It's equipped with an 8.0-liter naturally aspirated V10 gasoline engine that produces 460 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque. It’s more engaging with 3 pedals, but that’s a two edged sword. Sometimes you just want to relax!

2. Performance:
- Cybertruck: need I say any more? 0-60 mph in around 2.6 seconds, thanks to the instant torque delivery of the electric motors.
- Viper ACR: While it may be slower off the line compared to the Cybertruck, the Viper ACR can reach a top speed of over 180 mph. But I’m never going to do that. It's built for track performance and can generate significant downforce for enhanced cornering capabilities. The viper is more engaging in the twisties.

3. Handling:
- Cybertruck: The low center of gravity improves stability and handling. However, the Cybertruck's large size makes it a super truck, not a Supercar…. Big difference!
- Viper ACR: It's a lightweight, purpose-built sports car designed for maximum performance. The ACR package includes stiffer suspension, safety, and improved HP. The lack of modern traction control and ABS systems means the driver has more direct control over the car's behavior. So you better know what you are doing. There’s a reason people crash these things. This vehicle will increase in value every year since every year there are a few less examples due to inexperienced drivers crashing.

4. Technology:
- Cybertruck: It comes with a host of advanced features and Nannies... It also offers unique features like an adaptive air suspension, 48volt goodies, steer by wire, and martensitic armor. I love the steering!
- Viper ACR: It's a more analog and driver-focused car, with minimal electronic interventions. It lacks modern conveniences. What’s Bluetooth?

5. Design:
- Cybertruck: It features a bold, futuristic design with sharp angles and a stainless steel exterior. It looks like the future! I love it!

6. Practicality:
- Cybertruck: It offers a spacious interior with seating for up to 5 people. I had my 6’5” Nigerian friend try out the back seat yesterday and he had zero issues. I’m 6’3” and I have 1/2 inch clearance. The cargo bed is versatile, with a storage vault. I love the tonneau!
- Viper ACR: As a focused sports car, practicality is not its strong suit. It has limited cargo space, with a small trunk and minimal interior storage. The passenger compartment is snug, prioritizing the driver's experience over comfort and convenience. But I barely fit, and that’s good enough for me.

7. Safety:
- Cybertruck: Tesla places A #1 on safety, and the Cybertruck has it all. The steel martensitic armor offers additional protection for the apocalypse.
- Viper ACR: The Viper ACR is not safe. Don’t even pretend. But it has an airbag…

IMG_6582.jpeg
I had an 09 ACR with all the tune goodies….fun car. Looking forward to put my Ferrari Pista on a 0_60mph run against the Beast.

OP
OP
Bkb13

Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
I had an 09 ACR with all the tune goodies….fun car. Looking forward to put my Ferrari Pista on a 0_60mph run against the Beast.
that may be a close race. 0 to 60 I think the cyber truck wins, quarter-mile Ferrari wins.

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
that may be a close race. 0 to 60 I think the cyber truck wins, quarter-mile Ferrari wins.
I hear you…. 2.8 on the F car but CB can generate that unsprun mass quicker I believe.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT

1. Powertrain:

2. Performance:

3. Handling:

4. Technology:

5. Design:

6. Practicality:

7. Safety:

IMG_6582.jpeg
Very DIFFERENT and interesting review, thanks!

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag

1. Powertrain:

2. Performance:

3. Handling:

4. Technology:

5. Design:

6. Practicality:

7. Safety:

IMG_6582.jpeg
If only someone has the foresight to build an electric viper 🥰🥰🥰

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 CAMARO, '08 HUMMER H3 ALPHA, '15 VIPER
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
Nth Moto built Gen V Viper owner here awaiting CB🙌🏾

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
6. Practicality:
Interesting comparison, I liked it for it's apparent honesty and open-mindedness.

The one thing that seemed to be ignored in #6 (Practicality), from a commonsense perspective, is the cost and effort to keep it serviceable and in good shape. Obviously you haven't owned the Cybertruck long enough to have meaningful results yet, but I think we can assume in general that the Cybertruck will be less time consuming, and cost less, to operate and keep serviceable (even if the Viper is relatively good in that respect, and I'm not sure it is).